No baking paper for pav!

Page 1 / 2
infinityjrc, Jan 1, 6:05am
Tin foil with a teaspoon or so of cornflour on spead onto the area the pav sits on, never had one stick yet.

peaknuckle, Jan 1, 6:11am
Something I just read the other day. If your pav sticks then run a length of dental floss under it. Great advice I thought.

roseann48, Jan 1, 7:56am
Jjust grease baking tray then sprinkle lightly with cornflour. Never used baking paper or tinfoil

mothergoose_nz, Jan 1, 9:41am
newspaper with water sprinkled over it. it works

gardie, Jan 1, 5:57pm
Great advice I'd say!

kernal1, Jan 2, 3:19am
I have just used ordinary greaseproof paper for years and never had a problem with sticking! Quite often turn pav upside down, peel off the greaseproof and have a flat surface to decorate. Maybe a reason for sticking is not beaten enough,should not be grainy, and also too much sugar! I use 1/2 Teacup caster sugar per egg white.

seniorbones, Dec 26, 9:02pm
what do I use so the pav wont stick to the tray! I always use baking paper and it just slides off but have run out with the marathon of pavs made and now want another for today.

2bakerz, Dec 26, 9:16pm
Ordinary lunch wrap I think works ok.I only suggest this as I did once line a loaf tin with it by mistake and all was well.Mind you I do lightly spray the tin and the paper!

seniorbones, Dec 26, 9:46pm
Thanks I have tried that before so will try again.

enzu, Dec 26, 10:01pm
If using greaseproof I always wet it first

iriegirl, Dec 26, 10:29pm
Use tin greased tin foil!

iriegirl, Dec 26, 10:29pm
Use greased tin foil!

245sam, Dec 26, 11:19pm
Prior to the non-stick baking paper that most of us use today, I remember greaseproof paper being used for pavlovas but it was first rolled into a ball, wet, then the excess water squeezed out and the well-dampened paper flattened on the baking tray.
I don't recall ever having used that method myself but I have seen it very successfully used many many times.:-))

tinkagirl, Dec 26, 11:22pm
news paper is great, the print is non-toxic and works really well.

badams1, Dec 27, 2:29am
you have good advice here. wet greasproof paper or buttered tin foil works well. go make.

ayglepaygle, Dec 27, 3:24am
I've also used greased tinfoil - very effectively.

janeny1, Dec 27, 3:32am
Prior to baking paper we used to lighly grease lunch wrap paper for under the pav

_serendipity_, Dec 27, 3:33am
tin foil.and yep flick water over it.

grannypam, Dec 27, 3:36am
I use an old platform from a microwave.cook and serve from the same platter.

they can be picked up from op shops for a couple of bux.

nik12, Dec 27, 5:17am
I use tinfoil, and don't bother to grease it :-)

slayer10, Dec 27, 8:36am
I use upside down Christmas wrapping paper.

maximus44, Dec 27, 7:37pm
Same as nik12 - never fails.

rainrain1, Dec 27, 7:59pm
butter the greaseproof paper, then wet it

creeky1, Dec 28, 12:15am
tin foil and grease with oil. very sparingly.

littleblackhen, Dec 29, 4:04am
yep greaseproof paper sprayed with oil