Hand Held Beater, throw everything in bowl pav!

cookessentials, Jan 10, 12:03am
I only ever use a hand held electric beater ( even though, got my KitchenAid today, so will try the next one with that!) and it works perfectly well. I also only ever use caster sugar as it dissolves quickly.

shop-a-holic, Jan 10, 12:33am
Darling! Congrats on the KitchenAid delivery. Popped into Moore Wilsons yesterday, and they had The Ice on the shelf so was I was able to croon over. So, Donna.so Cookess.so Happy for you. :-)

cookessentials, Jan 10, 12:39am
Well, thank you. I have it on the counter at the moment so i can keep an eye on it!.seriousy though, I am really pleased with the colour, it matches the chrome blender we have. Have my list of attachments I want so will slowly add those, probably starting with the mincer/grinder, then the pasta press.

bill241, Jan 10, 1:04am
I'm stoked with my colour too. I was worried that when I chose a colour ( any colour) I'd maybe end up changing my mind but the mind is holding strong on the pistachio, thank goodness. I've done macarons in it and some cookies so far, God is it good.

bill241, Jan 10, 1:06am
Back on topic, up until recently I've done all my meringue including pavlova with a handheld beater and it has always been fine. I used it to do one of those strawberry cloud cakes where you chuck everything in at once and it turned out really well.

lodgelocum, Jan 10, 2:00am
Only have hand held beater, my pav recipe has everything in together, not a problem at all.

suie1, Dec 24, 1:50am
Has anyone had success with a hand held electric beater with the trow everything in boiling water pav recipe! I want to know if the sugar will dissolve properly TIA

kaddiew, Dec 24, 2:20am
I've only ever had a hand electric beater for pavs.Ive made meringues and mini sized pavs using a boiling-water- chuck-it-all-in recipe and it's always turned out fine. Never worried about sugar dissolving or not!Give it a go!

suie1, Dec 24, 3:19am
:) TY

suie1, Dec 24, 7:26am
They are very gritty, will this disappear over night!