Am I the only person who still has no idea

vintagekitty, Dec 23, 8:06am
what we are having for xmas lunch, bar ordering a ham!.

pickles7, Dec 23, 8:17am
No, but if I can find a nice fresh crayfish, it will be sorted in a jiffy. Our Son was going diving, but that did not come off. Dish out the dollars.it will be. Just hope it will taste even better.

vintagekitty, Dec 23, 8:21am
Oh we do have some crays in the freezer, no fresh i'm afraid. I am just so tired and cant be bothered.

gerry64, Dec 23, 8:47am
no vintage kitty - the ham is a definite and a couple of bunches of asparagus and a packet of fancy biscuit things to make turimisu is as far as I have got!

vintagekitty, Dec 23, 8:58am
nice, we will be one's braving the shops tomorrow. Im off to our farmers market first thing. Lucky all the pressies have been bought and santa will be coming

nunesy, Dec 23, 10:20am
All the best with the food shopping!Tomorrow has been designated Mousse and Cake Ball Day at my house. :-)

lythande1, Dec 23, 6:48pm
Probably. We're not having a Xmas lunch. Or Xmas dinner. I just made snacks.
Home made pate, stuffed tomatoes, bacon and mushroom voluvents, smoked fish scotch eggs, cheese crisps, chilli chicken. Picked some strawberries, people can snack if and when they want for the next two days. Or not. No piles of leftovers, not big meals no-one really wants to eat. No spending time in the kitchen. I intend to do some gardening today then blob doing nothing.

duce3, Dec 23, 8:56pm
Just homemade potato salad and hamburgers with tomatoes and snow peas on the side to crunch through.To hot to cook and nobody interested in lots of food here

punkinthefirst, Dec 23, 11:30pm
For me
A beautifully roasted chicken with crisp green salad.
New potatoes
Fresh fruit salad and trifle
Good coffee and truffles
All with a nice bottle of bubbly
I don't have to work too hard at it, I won't feel sick at the end of it, and I won't have to eat leftovers for the rest of the week!

gerry64, Dec 24, 5:38am
just made on of cookessentials turimiso recipes in a loaf tin -was so easy so hope it turns out OK and then we will at least have something for desert

cookessentials, Dec 24, 5:47am
The Mama's cake will be beautiful gerry64.it is a great favourite. Did you end up doing it with the savoiardi or did you use the digestives!

mike92, Dec 24, 5:53am
We don't do traditional here. Breakfast is our usual have whatever you normally have brekkie. Lunch, we might do toasties or something. Dinner is dessert. Not roast or anything. We just go straight to dessert. The kids love it. I don't end up slaving over anything. If Mr Mike and I are hungry later, we might throw something together once the kids are in bed.

gerry64, Dec 24, 8:04am
Well the digestives over here in Oz are not those lovely big ones you get at home but these look similar
I have been dithering about buying a new beater so my old boy went off and bought me a beautiful Kitchenaide - so I thought it was appropraite that I used one of your recipes on my new beater- I had my old Kenwood for maybe 30 years and unfortunately it was less than efficient so took your advise and changed brands