My Pav didnt rise !

cutezie, Dec 23, 3:54am
What went wrong .!

herself, Dec 23, 4:16am
They don't rise cutezie.
They are as high as you pile the mixture up before baking them.

kiwis, Dec 23, 4:28am
I just made a pav cutezie, mine is same size as when it went in oven, my problem is mine seems to be all soft and wobbly like a jelly, will turn oven off and leave to rest see if that hardens it up. Maybe we should both leave the pavs to the experts.lol

eastie3, Dec 23, 4:38am
I trace a 20cm circle on baking paper and pile the pav mixture within that circle.As herself said,they don't rise,so if you spread out the mixture you will get a low pav! Just plonk the cream and fruit on top,it will be fine.

Merry Christmas.

pickles7, Dec 23, 4:39am
you must of forgot the egg whites.cutezie.

kiwis, Dec 23, 4:43am
Wondering if my wobbly pav will get any crunch! Seems to be a huge blob of marshmellow!

valentino, Dec 23, 4:45am
Hint:
First one; Make sure it is thoroughly beaten before pouring onto tray.

Second one; If you want a wee bit of extra height, use the outer of a Ring clip type round baking tin, pour it all into the this tin outer, smooth top, lift of the outer ring and straight into oven. Gets a smooth allround sides as well.

Cheers and Merry Christmas.

motorbo, Dec 23, 6:15am
dont stress make a fruit fool instead wit the pav crumbled up, whipped cream and fruit yummmmm

pheebs1, Dec 23, 6:35am
what was your recipe
tell us what you did exactly
oooooooooooooh makes me worry
tomorrow night is my first attempt
tho i am doing pickles7's pav so should be great

cookessentials, Dec 23, 6:36am
They dont "rise" as such. The trick is to beat as much air into the meringue to make it light. I make mine in a springofrm tin which works well,

aeromo, Dec 23, 6:41am
I am the worlds worst cook and I can do pav. Beat till very stiff, forms peaks. Make sure you don't get any egg yoke, seaparate eggs in a different container one by one and tip in just in case. Pile up. They do not rise.
My recipe you cook on high ten minutes then turn off leave in oven for ages.

aeromo, Dec 23, 6:41am
Oh and room temp eggs

cutezie, Dec 23, 6:47am
usedPeacocks recipe- beat4 egg white ,2cups of caster sugar, vinegar. cornflour' pinch of salt She said put all together and beat beat beat I did that until the mixture was stiff I did forget to put in 2 tbl spoon of boiling water Put into a hot oven turn it downto 125 degreeswhen it went intothe oven. I thought Pavs rose I will make another one and layer it

pickles7, Dec 23, 7:15am
You may have spread it out, in too larger circle. It will gain height with the cream and fruit. If it has a bit of marshmallow, is not weeping I am sure everyone will love it.

parsondian, Dec 23, 7:43am
I know purists will slam what I'm about to write but works every-time Edmonds pavlova magic.

cutezie, Dec 23, 8:16pm
Looks Ok .Not weeping- very crunchy Not sure about marshmellow in themiddleBut I will make another one today and layer it Thanx a million for your help and encouragement not to run to the shop and buy one

sue1955, Dec 23, 9:45pm
bumped

cutezie, Dec 24, 2:09am
I have made another one and OMG it does look good in the ovenIt is huge yumbo scrumbo