Transporting a decorated pav.

b190, Dec 23, 2:52am
I have to take a pav to my sister's house for dessert on Xmas day. It's about a 45 minute drive. It should be ok for that long with cream and strawberries shouldn't it.! It will be in a 'cool bag' if I can fit it in. TIA.

ant_sonja, Dec 23, 3:08am
Can you put it in a big box with ice pads underneath!

duckmoon, Dec 23, 3:37am
I would take the items separately.

b190, Dec 23, 6:06am
Do you think it would be ok to have the cream already whipped in a container and the strawberries already cut up in a separate container to transport.! My sister is in a fluster every xmas (don't know why she bothers having it at her house each year! lol) and doesn't want me cluttering up the kitchen! UGH!

cookessentials, Dec 23, 6:09am
I would decorate it when you get ther, to save any unfortunate accidents.

b190, Dec 23, 6:11am
Yes. But do you think the cream would be fine in a container already whipped! So I don't have to whip it when I'm there.!

peterg1, Dec 23, 6:11am
The cream will travel fine if it is pre-whipped provided it is in a cool container. You can decorate it when you get there.

fifie, Dec 23, 6:17am
Take everything with you in the box, dosen't take long to whip cream and decorate when you get there, thats what i am doing cause knowing my luck the cream will go runny, raspberries will slide off going round the corners, and the choc curls will melt lol.

pickles7, Dec 23, 6:34am
same.or
I would take my hand mixer and whip the cream up there as well.

pheebs1, Dec 23, 6:41am
always always decorate it on arrival!
take cream whipped or runny either way
don risk it any other way

cookessentials, Dec 23, 6:58am
Sure, just keep it chilled.

eastie3, Dec 23, 7:40am
I was in the laundry one Christmas with my electric beater plugged in and whipping the cream while one of my SiL's was having a meltdown in the kitchen - similar scenario to yours.i don't know why she insisted on having it at hers either,she wilts under pressure but as the alpha femalein her family they all justdo as she says. Anyway that's what I did,took everything with me and just put it all together on the spot.Much easier than worrying about how it will travel,fully decorated.

b190, Dec 23, 6:33pm
Hahaha thanks guys:) This is a nice and helpful forum (unlike most of the others. lol). My sister is the alpha too!