Tagine cookers, why are they better than casserole

Page 2 / 2
richard198, Dec 20, 9:56am
No, I am not Moroccan. Well done!
Does that mean that I am wrong now!
I have eaten a lot of food cooked by Moroccans in Morocco so I thought I might have a valid opinion but I guess not.

richard198, Dec 20, 10:01am
At one notable "establishment" we were served a meal that had a set of teeth in it!

punkinthefirst, Dec 20, 11:26am
Not the cook's teeth, I hope!

katalin2, Dec 20, 11:37am
We had a few food adventures too, but nothing quite as bizzare!As I am not a huge meat eater, especially when I am not sure of what exactly I am eating, the vegetable tagines, breads and salads were my favourite. Someone from our group ordered meat slices one time and was presented with a plate of sliced liver. She was not impressed! We did have a tagine cooked by Berbers in the Sahara Desert after we had ridden in on camels- the tagine was cooked on a gas hob and served straight from the dish- no utenisils, using hands and bread only- and communally as well. Slept in Berber tents that night- again communally- but it is a couple of days not to be forgotten.

buzzy110, Dec 21, 2:04am
RFLMAO.

cookessentials, Dec 21, 2:49am
Well, #1 I shall leave that decision up to you. I have a couple of friends who have Moroccan and Egyptian husbands and they cook tagines regularly.they would laugh at the comments made by the other two posters.There is defintely a distinct difference.however, I am not about to get into a backwards and forwards "discussion" over who is right and who is wrong. "I have been to Morrocco".are you Moroccan! Somehow I doubt it. And the other poster.well, nothing much to say there, as it would not matter what I suggested, it would be wrong LOL.

uli, Dec 21, 7:01am
Oh yes - very very wrong - by cooks standards at least LOL :)

cookessentials, Dec 21, 7:25am
As I thought, no comprehension.are you poster #1! No, I didn't think so.

cookessentials, Dec 21, 7:26am
still stirring I see.

uli, Dec 21, 7:38am
Yep - that is all that matters in "recipes" . stirring .
what are you stirring at present cooks! Tarte tatin or scrambled eggs!

elliehen, Dec 21, 8:12am
I usually have only to look at yesterday because you keep bumpingall your old threads, uli.

By the way, did you know that you can watch many TV programmes through your computer!

uli, Dec 21, 8:13am
Yes I do ellie - thanks - and I did when the rugby was on LOL
. apart from that (once in a lifetime opportunity) I am not very interested in tv programs.
Very shallow don't you think!

richard198, Dec 21, 9:01pm
Enlightened and liberated came to mind!

uli, Dec 21, 11:42pm
In what context!
And who!

katalin2, Dec 22, 12:10am
I think it was a complement aimed at you uli and merry Xmas to all whether you use a tagine, crockpot or casserole to make your tagine in.

elliehen, Dec 22, 4:01am
Shallow!Whatever makes you think that!Most people use their electronic gear selectively and watch or video or turn off accordingly.

It's not as though the TV is a seductive siren - of 'die Lorelei' kind - luring you to rocky ruin.