Help needed with Breville breadmaker

choldings, Dec 18, 10:11pm
I have just brought a breadmaker on trademe, never having used one before.I brought a premix bread mix that said I only had to add yeast, but the bread did not rise that well.
What do others use !
Is it usual for the kneeder to be lodged into the bottom of the bread, after cooking !
Any help is greatfully appreciated

magenta, Dec 18, 10:43pm
You may be able to find a manual online for your breadmaker if you use Google.If the paddle stays lodged in the bread it may have lost some of its non stick properties or you need to leave the bread a bit longer in the breadmaker after cooking. Some people actually remove the paddle after the second knead to avoid this problem.The actual recipes for bread can vary a bit and if bread is not rising well it could be not enough yeast, too much salt or too little water.You need to use breadmaker yeast and you need to adjust the amount of water you use to achieve a dough which will rise well. This means you need to look at the dough as it is mixing and add a little water if the breadmaker is struggling to mix it.I do for a dough which only just sticks to the sides, but stays in a ball and appears elastic. You need to make a few loaves to get the consistency right.If you are using a wholemeal bread mix it will not rise as much as one made with white flour.

raewyn64, Dec 19, 2:22am
I have a Breville Bakers oven and I might have a spare manual if that is what you have. Let me know and I will check and if you want it I can list a 50 cent auction (for postage)
I use premixes from Bin inn for mine.First the water goes in, then the mix and then the yeast.I find that if I make the bread straight away it doesn't always rise as high as the chamber, however if I programme it to finish later (so I put everything in in the morning and set it to be cooked when I get home) I get a great height in the loaf.
And yes about 99% of my loaves have the paddle stuck in them when they come out - so nothing strange there.

kinna54, Dec 19, 4:30am
I have a breville as well. I make the french loaf on french setting. makes a beautiful loaf the outer is crusty the inside soft and fluffy.I also make a fruit loaf which is gorgeous.
Just a note: The breville recipes may be in aussie measures, I have a NZ supplement, I can try to scan the basic recipes for you.

kinna54, Dec 19, 4:43am
Just noted on my NZ supplement there is a free phone no: 0800 273 235
Maybe give them a call and they can post out a copy of the NZ supplement or send you a manual.
Even good to give them a call for advice:

Here is the French bread recipe: *in NZ measures*.
750g loaf
1cup + 2 TBSPS tepid water.I use warm
3 cups high grade flour
1 tsp salt
2 tsps sugar
3 tsps Sure bake yeast (red cap) Setting:select French, crust medium
The rising and baking times are longer on this setting.
This recipe is for models: BB420;BB410;BB400;BB380; BB290.
I have posted this recipe for many others, some have used it in different brands of machine as well,all have been pleased with it.

camper18, Dec 19, 4:46am
Go with Kinna 45's recipes.Have never had a problem since using her mix.

lilyfield, Dec 19, 5:44am
and keep it in the fridge once opened

please everyone- keep your yeast in deepfreeze use it straight from frozen.No worries about the use-buy-date. it will keep for ever.I buy mine in bulk- soo much cheaper, have done for years. The slight change in temperature has no effect on the bread.
BTW- also use a Breville

craig04, Dec 19, 7:06am
Thanks for that recipe - I might try that tomorrow!