Has anyone made White Christmas into truffles!

bev00, Aug 10, 9:44am
White Christmas in Patty Cases
Ingredients. 300g white chocolate, chopped. 1/4 cup chopped macadamia nuts. 1/4 cup coconut flakes. 1/4 cup chopped red jelly lollies. 1/4 cup chopped green jelly lollies. 1 cup of rice bubbles. Method. In a medium size microwave safe bowl melt the chocolate on high for 1 minute. Remove and stir until smooth. You may need a further 30 seconds.Mix through the remaining ingredients. Spoon the white christmas filling into paper cases and leave to set. posted by scout_6001

griffo4, Aug 10, 10:28pm
sjc would you be able to share the choc, lime and pistachio fudge recipe please

lindylambchops1, Dec 18, 6:32am
Just wondered if anyone has used the White Christmas recipe & made truffles with it!

Merry Christmas all!

lindylambchops1, Dec 18, 8:47am
Can someone try them made into truffles & tell me if they are good!

pamellie, Dec 18, 6:54pm
I made white xmas a couple of weeks ago and I think you could roll it into balls but you would have to wait til it was half set I think cos the kremelta is quite runny. Once it was set I would dip them in chocolate.

It was the first time I had made it and I don't think I would bother again as I didn't really enjoy it.

Good luck.

lindylambchops1, Dec 18, 9:24pm
pamellie thanks for your info.Sorry you didn't enjoy it.It was just that White Xmas is easy to make & quick & I just wondered if anyone had made it into truffles.

Merry Christmas to you!

chooky, Dec 18, 9:34pm
I think making it into truffles sounds like a good idea. I'm going to give it ago. I usually make it as a slice, we all love it.I made a cranberry and pistachio white choc fudge yesterday for xmas day. So easy and looks really pretty with red cranberry and green pistachio.

deus701, Dec 18, 10:36pm
Yes you can, but imo it tastes disgusting. Im the 'recycler' at work. whatever offcuts from nougats, fudge, candies is handed to me to make something fit for sale.

lindylambchops1, Dec 18, 11:04pm
That sounds delicious!I am useless at making fudge!

Merry Christmas!

lindylambchops1, Dec 18, 11:05pm
Glad to know that the off cuts are not wasted.I guess they would be ideal for slices or truffles.

Merry Christmas!

lindylambchops1, Dec 18, 11:06pm
Copha seems to be the off putting ingredient in the White Christmas, maybe I could use something else to bind them together.any suggestions!

lindylambchops1, Dec 19, 4:00am
MMMmmmmthis sounds good.
Ingredients
2 1/2 cups Rice Bubbles
250 g white choc buttons, melted
250 mL condensed milk
150 g cherries
1 cup coconut
Method
1. Mix the dry ingredients together.
2. Add the condensed milk and mix.
3. Add the chocolate and mix through. Roll mixture into balls and place into patty pans.
4. Refrigerate for at least 90 minutes.
5. Extra chocolate can be drizzled over the balls or they can be rolled in cocoa to help cut the
sweetness.Taken from Best Recipes Christmas Recipes.

nauru, Dec 19, 6:58am
Hi chooky, The fudge sounds wonderful,would you be willing to share your recipe pls!

chooky, Dec 19, 7:59am
Here you are Nauru. Not sure if I got the recipe off here or someone has given it to me.
500 white eating chocolate, I used buttons.
395g sweetened condensed milk.
1 1/4 c cranberries
1 cup of pistachios (chopped)
Grease and line the base of a 20cm bake tin. Place choc and milk in a microwave jug, high 30 seconds, stirring, repeat till melted.
Add 1 cup of cranberries, and all the pistachios to choc mixture and stir in, then pour into tray, its quite thick. Add the remaining cranberries to the top pushing them in. I let set for a about 1 1/2 hours, then cut into squares and put back into tray till this morning. Much easier to break up thi morning. Its now in a container with note FOR XMAS DAY, IVE COUNTED THE PEICES, SO DONT TOUCH.Enjoy.

sjc72, Dec 19, 8:03am
I did the white choc, lime and pistachio fudge from the latest AWW - very yummy and a bit different. Annabel Langbein also does a dark choc, pistachio, cranberry slice/fudge. Both REALLy easy.

magiemay, Dec 21, 8:04am
Did you find this recipe as I've tried to google etc and can't find it but would love to see it too!

wildflower, Dec 22, 2:25am
That sounds really good ,love to make for xmas but only 2 of us so would be a bit overboard but I have 1/2 box ricies left over from some other recipe months ago.

I second the request for the white chocolate and lime recipe please.

griffo4, Dec 22, 4:02am
l had some white Christmas today and it didn't have any kremelta in and it tasted very nice so l think the recipe above must have been used and they had added red and green jubes and other things, it looked really nice and festive

kiwiscrapper1, Dec 22, 5:24am
hahah.I enjoyed the last sentence, this sounds delish nso easy it will be on the desert table christmas evening - thankyou.

kiwiscrapper1, Dec 22, 5:24am
hahah.I enjoyed the last sentence, this sounds delish and so easy it will be on the desert table christmas evening and if there is any left over the family boxing day bbq- and if the traffic wasnt so bad I would go out and get the ingreds now but doing my shopping 7.30am tomorrow morning! thankyou and Merry Christmas.

kiwiscrapper1, Dec 23, 10:24am
I did make the chocolate as above but have found it a bit sickly! and its still soft, should it firm up! I was writing out a recipe for another board member and on the same page was the lime & cranberry pistachio fudge and it has 375gms of white chocolate and granted lime otherwise everything else is the same so might try that one next time:-)