String for trussing the turkey !

diamondgirl06, Dec 14, 2:26am
Can anyone suggest where I could get this please!
I've got the wee packs which include little skewers and a very small amount of string, but I'm hoping to get a ball of the string without the skewers.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

245sam, Dec 14, 2:41am
daimondgirl06, I'm not sure if it's still available but last year I found, at Countdown, and very reasonably priced, Homebrand Cooking Twine - a ball of it measuring approximately 100m.I can't recall now whether we found it in the area where the cellotape, etc. is or where the hardware type items (e.g. clothes pegs, etc.) were found but the main thing is that ithe string is a cotton-based one and not some synthetic material which would most likely only melt in the oven.:-))

diamondgirl06, Dec 14, 2:45am
Thank you so much - I've tried one Countdown but the girl I asked was very vague and directed me to the cooking isle.
I'll try again !

sarahb5, Dec 14, 3:00am
Which is how Bridget Jones got blue soup .

prawn_whiskas, Dec 14, 3:03am
Cotton butchers string/twine in pretty much all supermarkets but in the area where they have the bits and bobs like candles, light bulbs, kitchen ware etc.

kay141, Dec 14, 3:11am
Or try a stationers for parcel string. 100% cotton. I buy it for cooking and the garden.

valentino, Dec 14, 3:27am
Pak'n'Save have wee boxed balls of Cotton String, ideal for most things especially tying up the loose bits of meats when rotisserring meats or roasting meats etc.

Look in the area where they have their light bulbs, home handy items etc.

whitehead., Dec 14, 4:13am
i buy it and my kids pinch it from me lazy b-tches

cookessentials, Dec 14, 6:29am
We are sold out of it now. We get it from the USA and it is a good cotton twine, specifically for cooking.

superdave0_13, Dec 14, 7:03am
Any butcher shop will sell you some, maybe even give it to you if you are a customer.

diamondgirl06, Dec 14, 8:44am
Thanks for all the suggestions - I intend to go string hunting tomorrow.

cookessentials, would you normally list it when you have it in stock !

cookessentials, Dec 14, 9:08am
Not usually on here diamondgirl, just our online store. From memory it is about 60 metres.

diamondgirl06, Dec 14, 9:27am
Ahhhhhhhhhhh - justchecked your profile and googled.

Thanks !