SUMMER BERRY JELLY AND WHITE CHOCOLATE PANNA COTTA

firemansgirl, Dec 11, 3:37am
Ingredients
3½ tsp gelatine
1 tsp lemon juice
150g caster sugar
250ml rosé wine (I used Jacobs Creek Sparkling Rosé)
250g mixed raspberries, small strawberries (hulled and quartered), blueberries and plus extra berries to serve.

For the Panna Cotta
500ml thickened cream
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
75g white chocolate, break into pieces
1½ - 2 tsp gelatine

1. In a pan, bring 300ml water and the lemon juice to the boil. Add the sugar, stir until dissolved, then remove from the heat. Let cool a bit, add the gelatine. Stir until dissolved, then add the wine.
2. Leave the jelly to cool to room temperature. Meanwhile, divide the mixed berries among 6 x 200ml dariole moulds (or a non stick loaf tin) and pour over the cool jelly to half-fill the moulds/tin. Chill for at least 2 hours in the fridge or until set.
3. Once the jelly has set, make the pannacotta. Heat the cream in a pan over a medium heat. As it starts to boil, reduce the heat, then stir in the vanilla bean paste and white chocolate. Stir until the chocolate has melted, then remove from the heat.
4.Place the gelatine leaves in a bowl with 4 tbsp boiling water, stirring to melt. Add to the cream and chocolate mixture and allow to cool a little. Pour the pannacotta mixture into the dariole moulds or loaf tin on top of the set jelly berry layer. Leave to set overnight in the fridge.
5.Turn out (carefully) and serve with more berries.

Eat!

sarahb5, Dec 11, 3:41am
It looks beautiful and sounds delicious but I think the effort would be wasted on the peasants in this house who have requested self saucing chocolate pudding this year, although they are willing to let me make Tiramisu again as they were surprised by the fact that they enjoyed it last year!

firemansgirl, Dec 11, 3:48am
I think this is less time consuming than Tiramisu which I looooooove. I have also made just a double batch of the jelly in a loaf tin. I put it into the fridge first to let it cool to thick but not set, and when you put it in the tin and let it finish setting in there, the fruit stays suspended through it, instead of all at the bottom. Or at the top once it's inverted lol.

sarahb5, Dec 11, 3:54am
Oh my tiramisu recipe is really easy - it's the one on the Countdown website

buzzy110, Dec 11, 4:07am
It looks like a very lovely recipe firemansgirl and I'm sure that whoever does make it will make their Christmas diners very happy.

seniorbones, Dec 11, 4:23am
your recipe says tsps ofgelatine but the recipe says to soak the leaves!which is it!

firemansgirl, Dec 11, 8:15am
It's the powder! The original recipe used leaves, but i couldn't get any locally at the time so I asked a chef friend for the conversion. So for the recipe, put the powder into the water. and continue from there. Sorry about the error.

lofthouse, Dec 12, 6:28pm
Hi Firemansgirl . OK, I have all the ingredients and planning to make this for our Christmas Eve dinner dessert.I have bought frozen raspberries - would you defrost these first or just use from frozen!I'm also thinking that I could make this well in advance!As long as the thickened cream was fresh!What do you think!Many thanks for sharing your recipe.

griffo4, Dec 12, 7:56pm
Thank you for sharing this recipe l will be making it

firemansgirl, Dec 15, 10:11am
Sorry for not replying lofthouse; liife is busy this week.To be honest i have not ever used the raspberries from frozen. I don't see why you couldn't put them straight in frozen though.

lofthouse, Dec 15, 5:58pm
Thanks for that, that's what I thought.Have you made it in advance before!I am thinking of making it this weekend for Christmas.By the way, I made Nigella's chocolate fruit Christmas cake (with prunes, tia maria) last night.It is delicious!Made exactly as she did on TV except changed currants to craisins and it only took 1 1/4 hours to bake.Just thought you sounded like a bit of a foodie and might be interested!Cheers.

griffo4, Dec 16, 2:30am
bump for bluetigerr