Bought vac packed smoked salmon, left out all

egree, Dec 11, 12:42am
night, unopened as forgot to put it in fridge after shopping. Would this be ok to eat!

mackenzie2, Dec 11, 12:56am
How hot was it your place last night!

otterhound, Dec 11, 1:09am
Since it was uponened, I'd be most inclined to eat it!Just check the smell first to be sure=)

egree, Dec 11, 1:31am
was warm and it was earlier in the week. I put it in the fridge late morning unsure whether to keep or throw. It seems such a waste $. My partner is a chef and says it'll be fine.vac packed but I don't know.

babytears, Dec 11, 3:16am
No don't throw it our. I'm pretty sure it would be fine - I definitely eat it and not throw it!

seniorbones, Dec 11, 4:27am
let him eat it first and if in a couple of hours hes ok then eat it yourself lol, it should be fine as long as it wasnt a very hot night!

agave1, Dec 11, 4:28am
I'd eat it, wouldn't throw that away.

nfh1, Dec 11, 4:44am
Yes let him try it today and if he is ok tomorrow then you could have some.

I would bin it but then I throw things out if I think there is the slightest chance it may be off.

pickles7, Dec 11, 4:51am
I would throw it out.no doubt.
I would not eat it . 40+ years in the food industry, not one food poisoning case, that was because I used to say "if in doubt, chuck it out ! ".
Some folk can eat anything and not have a problem, someone else, will just, die.

bill241, Dec 11, 5:15am
I think it would be fine.

taurushat, Dec 11, 6:16am
I've done that before .I would definitely eat it without hesitation.

sailor13, Dec 11, 9:30am
I wish a lot more food places would thick like you pickles7
Id rather thow it out than worry about the costfood poison is not good .

pickles7, Dec 11, 9:47am
I counted up the hours,, could of been out of the fridge for 24 hours.could of been on the kitchen counter in the sun for some of that time, not worth the risk. I can remember two ladies who took a similar risk in Rotorua, one died the other was a vegetable for the rest of her life. That was from seafood poisoning.

hesian, Dec 11, 6:48pm
Oh that is annoying for you.Hope it wasnt the very big size packet.Probably ok but maybe use in a cooked dish of some sort! The fact that was in the sun would make me slightly uneasy too.Dont they say toss a coin and see which side you secretly hope it will land on will tell you your gut thoughts!