WOT DO I GREASE MY JELLY MOULD WITH!

purplegoanna, Dec 8, 7:37am
IVE GOT A GLASS JELLY MOULD AND THE JELLY ALWAYS STICKS TO IT! ITS A BEAUTIFUL OLD FASHIONED ONE AND IM DETERMINED TO MAKE A NICE XMAS DESSERT WITH IT

kinna54, Dec 8, 8:00am
a bit of the non stick cooking spray maybe! You really need something that is tasteless. My mum had beautiful copper moulds, (you just reminded me of them when I saw this post, Thanks you have given me an idea of what to make my dessert in as well.) She always stood them in tepid water(not hot) for a minute, just before turning the jelly out. I can never remember her greasing them tho.
I also remember she used to use less water in the jelly.

lilyfield, Dec 8, 8:13am
you do not grease jelly mold. stick them in hot water before turning out . Watching carefully and testing with fingertips around the edges to see if they come loose.

seniorbones, Dec 8, 9:16am
.Ditto

purplegoanna, Dec 8, 9:24am
awesome thankyou i knew thered be a handy hint i was missing in the process.

kuaka, Dec 8, 9:25am
That's the only way Mum ever did it.No grease, just dip it in hot (almost boiling) water for a few seconds, just enough so it starts to melt around the edges, and it comes out easily.

sarahb5, Dec 8, 8:57pm
My mum had one of the rabbit jelly moulds and even using hot water the ears never came out so we always had deaf jelly or blancmange rabbits at our parties!