Beef Stroganoff - do you think.

mattdylan, Dec 6, 1:13am
it tastes better with tomato paste and stock or not! have searched the net and lots of recipes call for tom paste and stock or wine, but then others are on the basic side and don't ask for this - my questions is which is tastier! thanks

babytears, Dec 6, 1:35am
With tomato paste :), I'd probably not put in wine, stock is good too

nzl99, Dec 6, 2:44am
With. makes it a little richer in my opinion.Look. people can be pedantic about 'authenticity' when it comes to recipes.just make it your own version which tastes best to you ;-)

kate777, Dec 6, 4:43am
I don't put in either for a stroganoff.

White wine and sour cream added to beef, onions and mushrooms is pretty much the way I've always made it.

kate777, Dec 6, 4:44am
Are you thinking of a bourguignonne! That one has both tomato paste and stock.

jo_mary, Dec 6, 10:03am
I add tomato paste and brandy. Havent made it for ages

seniorbones, Dec 6, 10:41am
I made one two nights ago and didnt have mushrooms or sour cream so just added stock and tomatoe paste with carnation cream but didnt quite taste right, hubby asked what it was - said it reminded him of another dish I sometimes make! I should have put some chilli in it was a bit bland.

esther-anne, Dec 6, 11:15am
Please all forgive me but I can't stand tomato paste.

Prefer the juice or pulp of real tomatoes - or a can of diced tomatoes,

Just saying.

lythande1, Dec 6, 5:55pm
Tomato paste is tomatoes cooked down and reduced until very thick. Whats not to like!

antoniab, Dec 6, 6:12pm
We put a little brandy and creme frache in ours (Jamie Olivers venison and wild mushroom stroganoffe recipe)

mattdylan, Dec 6, 9:44pm
OK so made this last night, with stock and tom paste, not wine - it was DELICIOUS - partners said one of their fav dishes lol