Nice slice for Xmas please.

Page 2 / 2
chooky, Nov 30, 11:03am
Thanks 245sam & rorogal. 245sam did you freeze them with the coconut! I made some crunchy peanut butter ball in the weekend for Christmas and they are in the freezer, they just need the choc dip part on the day before.

245sam, Nov 30, 11:27am
You're welcome chooky and yes I froze the truffles with the coconut coating so they were ready to serve.:-))

diamond-fan, Nov 30, 9:41pm
Anything Slice

This was on Good Morning a couple of months back, it makes a very large tray and is delicious.Topping is anything you fancy or have in the pantry, for Christmas it would be nice to use glace cherries, angelica, pistachios, white chocolate and nuts.

2 cups S.R. Flour
275gms melted butter
2 cups brown sugar
1 tbsn cocoa
2 cups coconut (or rolled oats/cornflakes)

Topping: (suggestion)
1/2 cup chopped apricots or sultanas
70g sliced almonds or walnuts
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup coconut
1 tin condensed milk

Line a sponge roll tin with baking paper, preheat oven to 180.
Melt butter and add to dry ingredients, mix well, press firmly into tin, bake 18 mins.
Remove from oven and sprinkle over coconut, add nuts, fruit, chocolate (as long as you use basic quantities given for topping, you can use any combination)

Pour the condensed milk evenly over the topping, no need to spread.
Bake for a further 18 minutes. Cool before slicing.

2bakerz, Dec 1, 4:28am
Yes, that Caramel Ginger Slice was the one - very nice, too.I had some dried apricots and put them in too, but think next time I'll make separate apricot ones.Bit much in one mouthful!

elliehen, Dec 1, 5:26am
With the name puss-in-boots, it just had to have a mousse texture ;)

puss-n-boots, Dec 1, 5:42pm
Hehehe very good

bedazzledjewels, Nov 30, 8:49pm
Bump for another Christmas.

griffo4, Dec 1, 12:07am
This is so nice and you can feel healthy about it as well ;-))
l am making to take out tomorrow

rainrain1, Dec 1, 12:44am
Passionfruit Slice.
This recipe makes quite a lot so you could halve the ingredients if you wanted, but then how you are going to halve 3 eggs!

Line a sponge roll tin with baking paper and set oven at 170 deg C.

Cream:
375 grams butter
1 1/2 cups brown sugar

Add:
3 cups self raising flour

Press 2/3 of this mixture into the tin, keeping the other 1/3 to sprinkle on top. Bake for 10 minutes and cool.

Cream:
700 grams cream cheese
1 1/2 cups passionfruit pulp (the jars are fine - doesn’t have to be fresh)

Once smooth add:
3 eggs
3 tablespoons milk
2 tablespoons lemon juice

Pour onto the base, sprinkle remaining crumbled mixture on top and bake until set - 45 - 60 minutes.

riversdale28, Dec 1, 6:38am
mars bar rocky road.2xblocks dairy milk choc,2x mars bars chopped.1x 150g marshmallows chopped.1x 140g raspberry lollies chopped.melt the dairy milk choc.add chopped ingredients put in prepared tin with baking paper.and leave to set in fridge.very easy