Carb FREE recipes!

Page 3 / 3
bedazzledjewels, Nov 30, 11:05pm
Further to Uli's good advice - you might to look at this one month plan (it's paleo). I've done it and it's excellent. Called Whole30 -
http://whole9life.com/2011/10/whole-30-v5/

olivergrant, Dec 1, 12:40am
If I could eat a balanced diet and lose weight id do it. Just meaning I cant seem to A) lose weight and B) stop eating!

I have done this low carb for over a week and not shifted an ounce. Im not sure whats wrong with me! (and yes im hungry and grump :-) )

olivergrant, Dec 1, 2:43am
Just some info. I do exercise. I have 6 horses, so caring for them is alot of work, and thats even before i get on one. Im by no means a gym bunny though and I rarely work up much of a sweat but I am active.

Meal replacement stuff wont work for me. I do not want to spend my days thinking about food I cannot have. This is why I wanted to try low carb because advocates tell me once I get past the cravings I wont crave it anymore, and can eat as much as I want (low carb) within reason till im full!.

Trouble is im still craving, and im definitely not eating carbs. Im only having meat and salad with a tiny amount of feta and Oil dressing (no carb) and some cucumber. (no onions, tomatos etc).

Im not eating that much fat, and id put up with the cravings and hunger IF i was losing weight, im simply not!

My old diet wasnt making me gain weight, id been the same weight for 2 years without gaining anymore, so what i was eating those two years was ok I guess! What I was eating before that when I gained weight wasnt. (McDonalds and Takeaways).

What I need now is to lose it. Im struggling feeling like the frustrations of eating this way arent giving me any rewards.

co-creations, Dec 1, 2:55am
look up Dukan diet its carb's free

davidt4, Dec 1, 3:35am
The Dukan diet is not carb-free.

suetoo, Dec 1, 3:58am
We have been doing a low carb high protein diet since July. I have lost 13kg & him indoors 9kg.When we were hungry- ate protein.A great book isThe Power of Protein by Chris Smith. Receipes are yummy & each one tells you how many carbs. Dont beat yourself up if you go off the rails, just hop back on again. Weigh yourself once a week.Good luck.

olivergrant, Dec 1, 7:39pm
Ok Well I fell off the wagon this morning and succumbed to a small sausage roll. I feel bad.

I still havent lost an ounce.

Yesterday I had a salad with roast chicken for lunch, and for dinner, some home made spag bol - (minus the spag!).

Im getting fed up now. I just want to be a skinny minny!

bedazzledjewels, Dec 1, 10:47pm
Give your scales away to someone to look after for a month. Take some measurements instead, or find a bit of tight-ish clothing and use that as a guide.

sossie1, Dec 1, 10:49pm
My doctor said if you are excercising, see how much better your clothes fit before you start worrying about how many kilo's you are losing.

malcovy, Dec 1, 11:29pm
The first thing I noticed was how good I was feeling, that was my first indication of low carb eating and my moods have calmed right down to minimal, AND then the bonus of finding a slender me.
Olivergrant, how does your body feel ie do you have any aches or pains, and are you feeling better in yourself.
It took me years to get to my heaviest and it won't happen overnight to get rid of excess weight and I am okay with that and you will get there too.
I eat low carb most days and some days like yesterday I ate lots of carbs.Yesterday I had eggs cooked in butter for breakfast.Carrots, silverbeet, pumpkin, chops with the delicious fat and a orange dessert that used little sugar, it had no flour and lots of cream.Later on I had 2 slices of white bread (no heartburn this time) with lots of butter and vegemite.Raw almonds to snack on. For tea we had chicken cooked in butter with salad and then I had 5 choc chippie biscuits.
I accept that I ate those high carb foods and won't beat myself up because I feel really good.
Working to work my pants are slipping down and while that is frustrating I am extremely thrilled at the same time, a few woo hoos are going through my mind because it has been so easy.I was eating lots and lots of carbs before and thought I was okay.

olivergrant, Dec 1, 11:41pm
I feel hungry! LOL

I guess I do have a bit more energy not massive but a bit. Jeans seem a wee bit looser but then I have worn them 3 days straight now :-)

Im not sure how many carbs would of been in the sausage roll but I could claw back some good if I dont eat today. Malcovy pls dont list all those yummy foods again.seriously what are you doing to me! ;-)

vmax2, Dec 2, 12:43am
If you're hungry, go beat up some cream and add some berries, yum and filling.You don't need to be hungry while on low carb.Seriously look into taking a probiotic.Look up candida and probiotics and see for yourself.

malcovy, Dec 2, 1:35am
Right now I am hungry too and today all I have had is eggs, few almonds and a little cheese.We get fed at work so that's where I had lunch yesterday, I normally don't eat all of that and my daughter was home for tea.It was nice though, no regrets.I agree about berries and whipped cream, it's delicious and filling.

olivergrant, Dec 2, 3:34am
Vmax is a probiotic enough to get rid of Candida!

uli, Dec 2, 3:40am
A good probiotic (not the stuff you get in a supermarket) PLUS a low carb diet will give results over time. Candida feeds on sugar, so if you remove as many carbs as possible it will die out eventually.

But you need PATIENCE - and it looks as if that is a bit of a problem there aye!

vmax2, Dec 2, 4:05am
Yup, I have no patience either, but a year on and I'm still taking probiotics and eating a low-carb style diet.You just need to hold in your mind a strong picture of what you want to achieve and never forget the bad times whether that be obesity, sore tummies or whatever.When you look at that toasted sandwich or cream cake just remember that it is feeding the candida and will give you guts ache.Rant all you like and be impatient all you like but don't touch the carbs if you have a candida issue.

olivergrant, Dec 2, 4:34am
OK.Ill ask at chemist.

vmax2, Dec 2, 4:41am
Don't ask at the chemist.They will probably sell you a product which has 4-6 strains of good bacteria.You need something much stronger to recolonise your gut with good bacteria and shoo away the bad ones.Actually our guts should have a balance of good and bad bacteria but with todays modern diets and medications it has tipped the wrong way.You want a probiotic with 14 strains of good bacteria.A health food shop will sell you one - lifestream do a good one or google Biokult which is my recommendation.Do your own research,and keep an open mind.

bedazzledjewels, Dec 2, 5:47am

vmax2, Dec 3, 12:43am
If you're hungry, go beat up some cream and add some berries, yum and filling.You don't need to be hungry while on low carb.Seriously look into taking a probiotic.Look up candida and probiotics and carb cravings and see for yourself.