Yogurt

katie232, Nov 23, 8:47am
I would like to make my own Yogurt is it possible to buy a preparedYogurtbaseor culture

lost-in-oz, Nov 23, 8:50am
Easi-yo!

vmax2, Nov 23, 9:42am
Did you want to use real milk or powder to make yoghurt!I use raw milk to make my yoghurt.

beaker59, Nov 23, 9:50am
I make about 2 batches a week in my yogurt maker from std yogurt I like the Piako one buy plain add a heaped teasoon to the container half fill with milk then shake well allow the foam to settle while you boil the kettle. then top up with milk before loading into the yogurt maker with the boiled water. Overnight seems to be plenty long enough makes really good yogurt.

katie232, Nov 24, 9:21am
thank you for your repliesI find using the Easiyo Yogurt although it is good has now become almost as expensive asboughtso will try the Piako cannot recall seeing thisdo I go to a health food shop or supermarket!

uli, Nov 24, 11:30pm
I buy one Easiyo sachet and then use the resulting yoghurt with my raw milk and keep it going. It has the advantage that the yoghurt culture is fresh and wants to grow, while in a shop bought yoghurt it is often quite exhausted because it has run out of food before you buy it. So to get a strong strain going I would go for the fresh culture in a sachet.

valentino, Nov 25, 12:13am
Should had added - "The Natural Yoghurt" made from whole milk is ideal.

2halls, Nov 25, 12:25am
I buy a yoghurt mix off a trader in here who has them made in CHCH.Greek yoghurt.Absolutely gorgeous and much cheaper than the supermarket.Contains no funny stuff . just milk powder and cultures.I set it for 10 hours in the easiyo thermos . brilliantly thick and delicious.If you want to find it,hunt in the food and beverage section under Greek yoghurt.:-)