Finger food - cold - brekkie ideas

Page 1 / 2
jag5, Nov 23, 12:39am
I am involved in organising Charter Flights (not AirNZ) a small company.we are starting to provide little food hampers on the flights.I need some suggestions for cold finger foods .this weeks flight is early morning so brekkie type things.and would it be best to individually wrap things or make up little packets.

I have juice sorted.any other suggestions welcomed. TIA

sarahb5, Nov 23, 1:05am
A piece of fruit and a mini croissant, muffin or cereal bar

jag5, Nov 23, 1:14am
I did think about croissants.are they okay cold.and would you put anything in them or just as is!

Cereal bar is a nice option.

More ideas please.

puss..in..boots, Nov 23, 1:25am
mini open bacon and egg pies! mini bacon and egg quiche!

elliehen, Nov 23, 1:33am
Might not appeal to everyone, but scrambled egg in a cold croissant is quite delicious.

sarahb5, Nov 23, 1:50am
Ham and tomato or like the French have them - jam

waswoods, Nov 23, 1:51am
Ham and tomato in a cold croissant
Salmon and cream cheese in the croissant or even min-bagels

jag5, Nov 23, 2:13am
cool - love the sound of salmon and cream cheese in them.

Have told our pilots I intend to up our game for these Charters.we need more LOL.

trader_spence, Nov 23, 2:23am
Mini Pain au chocolat (warm if possible) or Cinnamon Rolls

jag5, Nov 23, 2:26am
Okay.I have settled on Mini Croissants with cream cheese and salmon, mini Bacon and egg quiche.aspargus rolls, cereal bars and fresh strawberries.

I think they might enjoy that - I know I would LOL

Thank you for your help and inspiration.

kuaka, Nov 23, 2:58am
Just make sure that the salmon and or bacon and egg quiches aren't kept at room temperature for longer than an hour!

jag5, Nov 23, 4:28am
Will do kuaka.will be refrigerated for Pilot to take out prior to departure Friday morning.

Looking at the food - I have done away with the Asparagus roll (only had large croissants no minis).adding a splosh of yoghurt to the strawbs and grapes.gosh I would be thrilled to get one of the brekkie boxes at any time LOL

terachaos, Nov 23, 4:45am
Freshest brioche or panettone will work- spread with good quality strawberry preserves, mascarpone, then slices of strawberries, best breakfast ever. If you're able to grill slightly, even better with a dusting of sugar.

jag5, Nov 23, 6:46am
oh and an After dinner mint.was going to get those other yummy things.having a senior moment here.nut in the middle, wafer then chocolate then dipped in nuts.arghhhhhh.but too expensive LOL just got it.Ferrer Rochet (sp)goodness can't spell for nuts tonight.

cgvl, Nov 23, 10:31am
another filling idea for croissants, avocado and bacon; brie or camenbret with fresh strawberries (halve them and fan)

punkinthefirst, Nov 23, 11:03am
Just remember that some of us loath yoghurt with a vengeance. It might be better to serve yoghurt in the mini pots it comes in.

punkinthefirst, Nov 23, 11:06am
Fresh fruit salad
Croissant with good apricot preserves or ham and tomato
Good quality coffee

shop-a-holic, Nov 23, 11:25am
Any food offered to members of the public has to be produced in a commercial kitchen.
It has to be packages correctly; have a use-by-date and a list of all the ingredients.
It is not worth the risk offering edible consumables to risk illness, or people with allergies for you not to be able to advise what is in it.
Have you given thought to offering other meal options for passengers who wont have eggs; salmon; nuts or dairy!

sarahb5, Nov 23, 9:39pm
I love yoghurt but don't think I'd like it on grapes or strawberries - last time I made fruit salad (actually it was just quartered strawberries, diced papaya and fresh pineapple) I added some fresh mint and that was yummy - very refreshing

pheebs1, Nov 23, 10:36pm
how nice!
we are all used to getting a big fat nothing on a plane
good on you!

does anyone in your house hold bake!
you can make chocolate croissants about 40 mini ones to a batch
its only pastry and chocolate
look up nigella lawson chocolate croissant
that would make you a better profit
they are much crispier than soggy supermarket ones
and any fool can make them

trust this fool i have made them plenty and they are always a hit!
watch the you tube making of it
nicer dusted with icing sugar

you can roll and prepare the pastries the night before andrefrigerate them uncooked
then its 10-15 in the oven and done!
yum

jag5, Nov 23, 10:50pm
I bake.but this time around short notice.no profit in the brekkie box.all complimentary.but will certainly keep that in mind - I am keeping a fold of ideas for future charters

punkinthefirst, Nov 24, 11:57am
BTW, croissants and other small breads are available at the wholesalers, frozen. Just take out the number you need, thaw and bake, usually. The product is excellent.

jag5, Nov 24, 9:02pm
Have had feed back from our Pilot.our passengers were stoked.loved their Brekkie Boxes.outstanding was one word used.(gives herself pat on back)LOL

Will certainly continue with providing food me thinks.

uli, Nov 24, 11:27pm
That is the way for excellent word of mouth promotions! Keep it up.

pheebs1, Nov 25, 12:54am
well done!