Ideas for cooking beef cheeks please

Page 2 / 2
griffo4, Nov 29, 7:06am
Davidt4 another !
l ordered the Valdespino Pedro Ximenez El Candado sherry and it arrived and then l found it was only a 375ml bottle and then l went back to the Glengarry site and it had another type called Valdespino Pedro Ximenez Viejo in the 750ml bottle
ls there a big difference in flavour between the two types!
Sorry about the dumb ! but l am new to sherries
l am a bit confused as the smaller one has a molasses taste and very nice will that do!

motorbo, Nov 29, 7:16am
thanks i will have to make a trip into town at some stage then.as i think they are wonderful.better in winter but then welly has some wintery weather in spring lol

davidt4, Nov 29, 9:08am
The one that you have will be fine.Excellent in fact.

griffo4, Nov 29, 7:40pm
Thank you l am making them today so looking forward to dinner tonight

griffo4, Nov 29, 11:59pm
They are simmering away now and the smell is amazing l can't wait for dinner, it might be at afternoon tea time,lol

davidt4, Nov 30, 12:16am
Good on you griffo4.Do report.

I'm about to put together some beef rendang, which is another good thing to do with beef cheeks.

griffo4, Nov 30, 6:45am
They were just so nice Davidt4 thank you for sharing the recipe
l made half the recipe because of the lack of sherry and not enough beef cheeks but they were melt in the mouth and the flavour was finger licking yummy and l made the cauliflower purée but l mashed it rather than blitzed it and that was such a nice compliment to the meat
l will definitely be making them again and l was wondering if l could use shin meat as we have plenty of that
lt was sooo filling as well so we have some for lunch tomorrow
Thanks for sharing and the beef rendang sounds nice as well
l will now get some more sherry as that was such a nice molasses flavour to it

catiez, Nov 30, 7:18am
I cooked ours in the slow cooker with red onion and red wine and was very tender and tasty