Glazed ham what the best ham from the supermarket

tishan, Nov 21, 12:49am
i have never done this before but i want to for xmas, whats the best ham to do this with might be a silly question but i figure you dont know unless you ask

davidt4, Nov 21, 12:51am
Havoc is a good brand.

tishan, Nov 21, 1:01am
is it best to have one with the bone in or out

kinna54, Nov 21, 2:11am
Bone in. Get a nice quality smoked one. Are you asking re brands, how to cook or what!
Brands. you don't have to pay the earth, in the past I have used many different ones, often in my catering days I used Rowntrees which were fine.(and what I bought last year.
In some of the supermarkets, especially on xmas club nights etc, they have "tasting" suggest you try something like that, any good Deli should be happy to supply a free taste. They should also have good recipe ideas and suggestions re glaze, I prefer just a brown sugar, apricot jam glaze, others prefer a pineapple syrup base.(The Deli can advise there, the recipe I use is one I acquired from the Woolworth's Deli)

tishan, Nov 21, 2:14am
um a bit of both really ive actually never tasted a glaze ham either so i dont know much about it but am eager to try, but thank you for your advice tho

bedazzledjewels, Nov 21, 4:24am
Thanks for the reminder about Havoc. Do you order online!

marcs, Nov 21, 4:32am
I buy mine from the butcher and find they are nicer than the supermarket ones. It is only once a year and splash out a bit.

davidt4, Nov 21, 8:25pm
I haven't looked into buying one online. New World stocks Havoc, and I think Farro does as well.

kassie48, Nov 21, 11:36pm

bedazzledjewels, Nov 22, 12:21am
Thanks both of you.