Silverbeet recipes please

pickles7, Oct 24, 7:35pm

be2, Oct 27, 8:37am
why dont you freeze it! it freezes well. steam until it wilts. drain and squeeze into balls and freeze. great for quiches or cannelloni or stews.give it a go. Its worth it.

strebor1, Oct 28, 5:22am
I love it in frittata!

motorbo, Oct 28, 6:11am
pie.use silverbeet instead of spinach and make a pie with feta

elsielaurie1, Oct 28, 6:52am
Wrap meatballs in pre-cooked, steamedleaves of silverbeet, pour over a pasta sauce or similar and bake in the oven for about 3/4 hour. Yummy.

gardie, Oct 28, 4:51pm
Oh yum - this sounds delicious.

gardie, Oct 29, 4:21am
I have this in the oven cooking.Once almost cooked, I poured over some cheese sauce - just waiting for it to brown!

mycd123, Nov 10, 6:33am
bump.any other recipes for silverbeet please!

rj5, Nov 10, 6:59am
use in a quiche, or try this one- 8 stalks silverbeet, 2 T butter,2 eggs, 1 cup milk, 1 onion, 1/2 cup grated cheese and salt and peer to season. Cook silverbeet as normal, drain and leave in casserole dish. In the same pot you used to boil the silverbeet in, add chopped onion and butter and saute. Tip silverbeet back into pot with onion. Add eggs, milk,cheese and salt and pepper to taste. Pour into casserole dish and bake at 180 C until set on top. I usually just put mine in the microwave whcih is so much quicker for maybe 5-7 till set

jen.sarah, Nov 20, 5:04am
Would love some recipes to use up my ton of silverbeet.Does anybody have some tasty recipes!

babytears, Nov 20, 5:19am
Opps. if you type 'silverbeet' in the search panel and set to 'anytime', you'll find loads of recipes

duckmoon, Nov 20, 8:58am
I have made a great silver beet relish.

Google Swiss chard and relish