Baking with condensed milk

Page 2 / 3
pixiegirl, Apr 1, 10:13pm
elliehen - I dont get it - what is your problem with Uli & buzzy. I also like others have been on this message board for a long time. Both Uli & buzzy are straight to the point and that is how they are - end of story. They will also tell you their opinion on things - done. They can have a joke with you. They share their knowledge and their recipes. I see nothing wrong at all with buzzy's recipe that uli posted - just because they may not use SCM does not mean they would not have a recipe for it - regardless of the SCM thread! ! No matter where they go and what they post you seem to be right behind them trying to discredit them - for whatever reason I dont know. Just leave them alone - if you dont have something constructive to offer instead of tearing people down - dont post.
Uli and buzzy dont let her get to you - keep posting as I would say the "majority" of us would dealy miss you oh and elliehen "have a nice day".

uli, Apr 1, 11:03pm
Glad it all worked out :)

uli, Apr 1, 11:04pm
Thanks pixiegirl :)
I am not sure hat elliehen's problem with me and buzzy is (by the way I do not know buzzy at all and have never met her :)

pgta, Apr 1, 11:04pm
Amazing how a poor defenseless tin of condensed milk can stir up such drama

elliehen, Apr 1, 11:18pm
As for who is following whom? ? Well, that begs the question...

pixiegirl, Apr 1, 11:19pm
Just normally the one person pgta who seems to want to stir things up. Sort of seems like cyber stalking to me.

pixiegirl, Apr 1, 11:26pm
oh elliehen just try this - scroll to top of thread and start reading down through the messages and you will see who the stirrer is - everything was fine till YOU popped in and started your normal attacking people.

margyr, Apr 1, 11:27pm
Buzzy's fruit cake recipe looks ok to me? where is the spoof supposed to be in it?

pixiegirl, Apr 1, 11:34pm
margyr, there was a lighthearted thread started about condensed milk, contained recipes and a few good laughs along the way and most people understood what the thread was about. What is going on in here is becuase Uli posted one of buzzy's recipes elliehen thinks it wasset up for the person who was asking the question - which it wasn't. Just because someone doesn't use the product doesn't mean they wont have any recipes or post any recipes.

elliehen, Apr 1, 11:40pm
-minty- ... more of what you asked for :)
. . not from the spoof thread.

margyr, Apr 1, 11:51pm
thanks pixie, i read it and could not see anything wrong with it, sounds like quite a yum recipe.

margyr, Apr 1, 11:57pm
Minty, on the left there is a search box, put in what recipe you want and then click the drop down to anytime, usually you find heaps. oh well the boys are back from their fishing so will go check out the catch.

elliehen, Apr 2, 12:01am
Two more for -minty- who hasn't posted very often in Recipes and might have been scared off by the arrival of a Flash Mob ;)

pixiegirl, Apr 2, 12:07am
is that what you call yourself ellie - "flash mob" lol

minty enjoy the recipes and let us know how you get on.

elliehen, Apr 2, 12:13am
margyr, the problem doesn't lie with the recipe - it's a common boiled fruit cake recipe using condensed milk.

My concern (clearly a minority concern, judging by mob condemnation) was about the posting of a recipe culled from the spoof site where it is part of one long joke and where the recipes are not intended to be taken as written.

Poster #1 deserved to be taken seriously.

elliehen, Apr 2, 2:30am
pixiegirl, it's so hard to convey 'tone' in a blog. A "flash mob" is [polite] cyberspeak for a group of people who rush/flash to one place to see what's going on - often alerted by others. No offence to you intended, and I take none in return from you :)

elliehen, Apr 2, 2:41am
And kirinesha, to clear up your misperception... it wasn't the recipe that bothered me, but where it came from... a spoof thread where clearly the recipes posted were not meant to be taken seriously.

And you've known uli for 9 years and never found her to be mischievous? She has a definite twinkle in her posts in many places - have you read her posts in 'Hogs' in General? 'Mischievous' is good when it's among friends and is not intended to mislead.

Only uli will know whether she was being mischievous!

buzzy110, Apr 2, 4:38am
Please. Enough. I had posted that receipe several times before the spoof thread. Several people asked for a boiled fruit cake recipe and I was the only person who bothered to respond to both threads. When I started the spoof thread, I posted it there as well because it was the only SC recipe I had in my computer.

I was parodying myself because I too, couldn't seem to get through Christmas festivities without using at least one recipe that had SCM. I made this cake every Christmas for about 20 years because I was hopeless at fruit cakes and this one always turned out perfectly and was amazingly simple.

In fact it was the second to last vestige of a traditional Christmas dish that I stopped making. I still haven't learnt how to give up making Xmas mince tarts. I love those things and always make up a dozen that slowly disappear over the course of about 6 weeks with me eating the bulk of them. Actually, I think I eat all of them. lol

buzzy110, Apr 2, 4:48am
Maybe I'll post another recipe from my book just to prove I'm not all bad. It isn't a slice but a sweet that can be carted around, thrown into lunch boxes and eaten with both morning tea and after dinner.

RUM BALLS
2 cups Malt Biscuit Crumbs (Supposed to be malt wafer crumbs but what are those? )
1 cup Mixed Fruit - finely chopped
1 tin Highlander Sweetened Condense Milk
1 cup Coconut
½ cup Lemon Juice
1 Tblspn Baking cocoa
2 Tblspns Rum
Coconut
Grated Cooking Chocolate

Mix Biscuit crumbs, fruit condensed milk, coconut, lemon juice, cocoa and rum together thoroughly
Using wet hands shape into small balls (or bigger balls)
Roll in coconut and grated chocolate
Makes 50 small balls and less if balls are bigger

griffo4, Apr 2, 5:22am
elliehen you have a serious problem and too much time on your hands to go round this site hunting down posts by certain people you take exception to.
You seriously need either get a job or help for your problem of cyberstalking!
l just cannot believe someone would go round checking what others post in other places, scary stuff
The CM thread could be seen by everyone it was a spoof but the recipes were fine but the hilarious additions to pizza's etc could be seen by everyone it was not real

What also gets me with you is you start trouble in a thread then cry victim as proof in the thread you started and l can't be bothered reading because l know what the tone will be. Poor me l am being picked on

bedazzledjewels, Apr 2, 5:24am
Buzzy summed it up in one word - Enough!

elliehen, Apr 2, 7:17am
Not quite enough it seems - a quick tally shows that 6 posters answered the question and provided a condensed milk slice recipe, 8 popped in to comment, one gave a link and griffo4 made a promise to come back with a recipe but failed to deliver ;)

Recipes lose!

griffo4, Apr 2, 7:27am
sorry eliiehen some of us have a life l said l would post when l have time and as l have been spraying all day then got in cows and calves, milked, fed calves and calved a heifer and then cooked dinner and choc cake and now making said recipe then having shower and going to bed to get up again tomorrow at 5am to do it all again and if l find time l will post recipe as l always try to deliver on what l say

l am sure elleihen you have checked all my previous posts and you will find l have been true to my word but do feel free to correct me if l am wrong
Now back to the CM topping which is cooking now

kirinesha, Apr 2, 7:33am
Eleven posts by ellihen and only two with recipes. Give it a rest.

elliehen, Apr 2, 7:44am
Can't wait :)