Cocoa .

Page 3 / 3
horizons_, Dec 11, 9:08pm
I highly recommend the coca sold here on Tme. It's by far the best Premium Dutch cocoa you can get. Be warned though, once you have tasted it, you'll realise how nasty over the counter brands are.

meynells, Dec 11, 10:19pm
I have given up on cadburys bournville cocoa now.it is sooo pale! Love the pams cocoa!

sarahb5, Dec 12, 4:02am
You mean this one - 541088010!I don't think I can afford to be that fussy when they are going to charge more for delivery than the cost of the actual cocoa powder.Would work out to about 3 times the cost of my Homebrand one which is also 100% pure cocoa and tastes just fine to me - same colour too as the Dutch one sold on here - dark, reddish brown with an overpoweringly chocolate smell when you open the packet.

sarahb5, Dec 12, 4:06am
Try the Homebrand one - it's even better than Pams although I do agree that Pams is also pretty good and definitely better than Bournville or Nestle

miri_s, Dec 12, 4:52am
Home brand seems to have disappeared from my local countdown.

miri_s, Dec 12, 4:56am
Oh, I missed this post. That is great news!

sarahb5, Dec 12, 4:56am
I thought so too but it was back in mine this week - repackaged into a bag but there it was in the baking aisle - $5.49 for 375g and worth every cent!

swinn123, Dec 12, 5:57am
I think its the Bournville brand its made in some asian country i remember hearing it on TV a while backits weak cause thats how they like it.

nauru, Dec 12, 6:16am
Sarah did you try the new packet yet, is it the same as before it went off the shelves, thanks!

sarahb5, Dec 12, 7:12am
I haven't used any yet but it certainly looks and smells the same as before

miri_s, Dec 12, 8:24am
What a relief!I'd resigned myself to the prospect of crud cocoa forevermore.

redhead96, Dec 12, 9:00am
Bournville when down when they moved it to Oz from Dunedin.
Like their drinking chocolate, when they moved it to oz they where putting more fillers (maize) in it to give it volume.

fourz, Dec 14, 9:03am
nauru I bought some of the new packaged homebrand cocoa yesterday, made brownie with it and they haven't played with the flavour, just as good as ever.And yes it was in the baking aisle.