Banofe Pie recipe please.

chrissie91, Nov 17, 1:22am
Has anyonegot a favourite Banofe pie recipe. Not sure if I have the spelling right. Many thanks

245sam, Nov 17, 1:31am
chrissie91, the following is the recipe I use.

"This is a Banoffie Pie recipe that I have made and have enjoyed!
BANOFFIE PIE

1 pkt wine biscuits (crushed)
120 grms melted butter
1 tin of Nestle Caramel Condensed Milk
2 bananas sliced
1-2 teaspoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon of Instant Coffee Powder
2 tablespoons plain yoghurt
200mls whipping cream
Chopped Walnuts and Chocolate Chips/Hail

Crush biscuits and add melted butter. Mix and place in a loose bottom pie plate and cook( 350F-180C) for 15-20 mins. Cool, then chill in fridge.
Spread on Caramel Condensed Milk and then add sliced bananas.
Whip together cream sugar and coffee powder and when cream is stiff - FOLD in yoghurt.
Spread over bananas and smooth the top. Decorate with walnuts and chocolate.

Quotepetal1955 (163 )8:21 pm, Wed 28 Sep #3"

I prefer to make the pie as individual pies so I use small loose-bottomed flan tins and I don't bother with baking the biscuit base, otherwise I use the recipe as shown above - it makes a delicious sweet treat - thanks to petal1955/Fleur for sharing the recipe.:-))

chrissie91, Nov 17, 1:45am
Thankyou 245sam. Wow it sounds so yum. I have a sister that just loves to buy it when she eats out. I have wondered what it tastes like. Many thanks.

theanimal1, Nov 17, 4:52am
Banana banoffi pie

Any biscuit like wine, malt, ginger nuts crush, add a knob or two of melted butter to it. Spread in tinand chill in fridge til it's hard. Doesn't take long.

Whip cream. Can of caramel (you find it where the condensed milk is), spread a layer of it over the biscuit base. Slice bananas, spread them on top of the caramel and base. Rest of caramel, fold through whipped cream. Pour over base. Chuck into fridge for a while to solidify a bit.

BANOFFI PIE

(a Nestle recipe)

INGREDIENTS:

150g melted butter,

250g packet plain biscuits (crushed),

330g can highlander caramel,

2 bananas,

3/4 cup cream (whipped),

2-3 Tbsp grated chocolate.

METHOD:

Combine the melted butter and crushed biscuits and mix thoroughly. Press the mixture into the base and sides of a deep 20cm loose-based flan. Refrigerate for 30 mins Spread caramel over crumb base and refrigerate for 1 hour, until caramel is firm.To serve, slice the bananas and arrange half of them over the set caramel. Top with the whipped cream and decorate with the remaining banana slices and grated chocolate.

chrissie91, Nov 17, 5:51am
Thank you. I was lazy and made a 3/4 hr pudding. The Banoffe pie will be next, sounds yum.

tinabops, Nov 18, 8:29am
The recipe from theanimal1 is the one I always use.BUT use 2 or even 3 tins of highlander caramel.yummy

chrissie91, Nov 18, 9:15am
Thank you for info, but will try above recipe with one tin at this point.