Chicken and Camembert pie recipe wanted

diachris, Oct 27, 10:01am
I really like a chicken and camembert pie, but would like to make my own.Have tried a couple of versions, but want one with a filling closer to what you get in a pie shop.
thanks.

kob, Oct 27, 5:45pm
well i just made a chicken pie this morning to put into a pie crust tonight, I boiled 1 onion chopped 1 carrot a handfull of peas ans some cup of pumpkin in 1 litre of water with 3 chicken stock cubes left to simmer once it had boiled for 45 mins then add 2 cups of cooked shredded chicken(you can boil it if you only have raw and debone) simmer for 10 more mins to heat all through and thicken with 3 tablespoons of cornflour and 1/4 cup of water mixed seperately and then add, add s&p to taste and then was cool chill, then add to a pie crust base top with camamebert cheese place topping on either pastry, mashed potato or potato pompoms and bake and serve with a mesculan green salad with a couple of tomato slices and a few slices of red pepper, sounds good enough to me

diachris, Oct 28, 12:38am
Thanks kob it sounds lovely, but I'm really wanting to suss out how to make the plainer version.I've tried but can't seem to work out to make it plain enough.

kob, Oct 28, 2:32am
whats fussy about that I thought that was simple as and cost effective, did you mean no veg perhaps just omit them

gerry64, Oct 28, 3:17am
Alyson Gofton put out a supplement in the Next Magazine some time ago - one of the recipies was her very best chicken pie reciepe-it was spectacular and simple - but unfortunately I have lost the recipie in out shift - had a layer of spinach and cheese -

mellish, Oct 28, 5:44am
I just cook up some chicken, then make a white (roux) sauce, hen put the chicken in that, add some cranberry sauce and some cheese and chuck it in a pie crust.

uli, Oct 28, 5:47am
I eat all of the above but leave out the pie crust - much easier :)