Nz gardener's pumpkin pie recipe?

kitty1983, Nov 10, 7:36am
anyone happen to have this recipe and can copy it out for me? :)it was in nz gardener a few months back and i'm staying ata friend's house for a week and have promised them pumpkin pie and really wanna use this recipe coz it was a real winner!

thanks soooo much~

junky1, Nov 10, 9:21pm
Her is the recipe:
Autumn Pumpkin Pie.
For the pastry.225 gms flour,sifted 1/4 teaspoon salt,1 tablespoon ssugar 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon 125g cold butter. For Filling 400gm Pumpkin,peeled and cut in2cm cubes,two apples peeled and cored,1/2 cup brown sugar,1/4 cup sugar,1teaspoon ginger,11/2 reaspoons cinnamon,pinch of nutmeg and ground cloves,3eggslightly beaten,2tablespoons butter 1tablespoon molasses[optional]
To make pastry Sift flour and salt into a bowl. Rub in butter,adding just enough water to make a soft dough. Cover and chill until filling is ready
To make filling Boil pumpkin chunks with enough water to cover for about 10 minutes or until soft. drain mash and cool. In a separate sausepan cook the apple with 2-3 tablespoons water for about 5mins When soft ,drain and puree.
In a large bowl,combine pumpkin,apple,sugar and spices.Beat in eggs then add butter.Pour the filling into the pastry shell.
Bake at 200C for 10 mins then turn down to 180C for 30-40 mins.

kitty1983, Jul 30, 12:15am
thx so much for that! i really appreciate it, i'm sure my friends will love it :D