Low carb lovelies have you attempted to

Page 2 / 2
malcovy, Nov 5, 12:41am
Buzzy not for one minute did I think you were lecturing me, I don't read into things.I appreciate some one telling me of their experiences and I either take note or don't.
I really enjoy the postings from you, Uli and Ellie and I like how you all stick up for yourselves.

buzzy110, Nov 5, 12:57am
Thanks malcovy. Sadly we shouldn't HAVE TO STICK UP FOR OURSELVES. We should be able to post things we think may assist a poster, but sadly there are people in here who think that name calling and aggressive negativity are more important than helping people.

uli, Nov 5, 1:00am
Hi malcovy!

Great to see you are still here :)

How did the baking come out!
And are you still trying to eat low carb!

prawn_whiskas, Nov 5, 1:58am
LC HF baking has its place.Malcovy I suggest you have a drool over this blog.http://www.healthyindulgences.net/

davidt4, Nov 5, 2:11am
The mousse that is described as sugar-free involves the following options:

"3 Tablespoons of Truvia + 4 packets of Splenda
OR
3 Tablespoons erythritol + 2 teaspoons xylitol + 1/8 teaspoon NuNaturals pure stevia
OR
10 teaspoons honey + 1/8 teaspoon pure NuNaturals pure stevia"

Given the known digestive upsets caused by artificial sweeteners and the metabolic effects of fructose (honey) I don't think it's particularly healthy.

uli, Nov 5, 2:56am
I loved the sentence: ".this mousse is sugar-free, low carb, and so easy a caveman [with a blender] could do it!." I never knew they had splenda back then.

But then so much is classed as "healthy" nowadays - I guess we can all have our own version of it. My latest find was "Whole Grains Help You Lose Weight and Fight Inflammation" from Arthritis today . http://www.arthritistoday.org/nutrition-and-weight-loss/healthy-eating/good-food/whole-grains.php

So yeah - we can all have our own "healthy food" ideas now . why not a mousse with 3 artificial sweeteners in it!

knowsley, Nov 5, 3:14am
Once again with the artificial sweeteners and fructose. Obviously it's too hard you you to understand that the dose makes the poison, and for most people, in average amounts, both of these are fine.

buzzy110, Nov 5, 3:59am
Absolutely. To all those who feel that they must eat chemicals, maybe we could all help.

Starting with 3 artificial sweeteners is probably an absolute must for the packet brigade. I think that should be balanced by the addition of some real sugar though. Consumers should feel very cheated if their fave pkt foods do not have at least 3 artificial sweeteners (tartos - new short form) for elli's benefit, and ½ cup sugar.

elliehen, Nov 5, 4:53am
No comment about chemicals can be taken seriously from someone who stated that there's arsenic in loquats ;)

buzzy110, Nov 5, 5:01am
Nor from someone who calls dessicated coconut "juicy". Lol. What would you like to see in your favourite sweetened condensed milk to make it more 'tasty'! How about juicy dessicated coconut!

elliehen, Nov 5, 5:24am
"A picture is worth a thousand words."

~Old proverb, sometimes attributed to the Chinese.

knowsley, Nov 5, 5:56am
Do you ever think before you post! Rhetorical question again, as the answer is abundantly obvious.