Fillings for wraps

cottagerose, Oct 27, 6:09am
What do you put in your wraps for lunches. Today a made some with tomato relish,thinly sliced beef,avacado,tomato,grated cheese,lettuce and honey and mustard mayo and they were lovely

antoniab, Oct 27, 6:34am
Our fav is chicken tikka with lettuce, cucumber, tomato and mint yoghurt (just natural yoghurt with my homemade mint jelly whizzed in along with fresh mint and ground cumin). Have them the other night - so good!

scarlettnz, Oct 27, 7:16am
I make these all the time, with whatever is leftover from that evening's dinner.I always scrape a thin layer of cream cheese on the wrap first. Some recent fillings include roast beef, mustard, lettuce, rocket, coriander.Chicken, lettuce, rocket, grated cheese, tomato relish.Leftover stew with lettuce, tomato relish, coriander.I quite often use coleslaw instead of lettuce.

Oh, and my absolute favorite is cold sliced sausages, egg mashed with mayo and mustard, tomato relish, and either lettuce or coleslaw.

cottagerose, Oct 27, 7:24am
Thankyou both. Im wanting to lose weight and this is what Im taking for lunch now but dont want to get sick of the same thing so will be trying all new ideas.The bonus is that my husband enjoyed them today too

herself, Oct 27, 7:32am
I make wraps every day for DH.Spread on a spoonful of mayo, some mustard .Spread over grated cheese, grated carrot, chopped sun dried tomatoes, maybe cucumber and chopped mint or thinly sliced red onion and gherkins.A slice or two of ham or salami or left over roast meat or chicken and some lettuce.Good to go!Maybe use a fat free mayo and skip the cheese :-) if you want a more healthy version.

cottagerose, Oct 28, 7:10am
That sounds lovely herself. Thats my lunch tomorrow:)