Pie Fillings

macwood2, Nov 16, 4:38am
Have a lunch to do and thought I might make some pies in the pie maker.Does anyone have favourite fillings they might like to share - am thinking curried chicken etc.TIA

bisloy, Nov 16, 5:02am
Love nacho - spicy mince, sour cream and cheese. Cheese and onion, always a fav.

wron, Nov 16, 6:13am
Look at Jester range for ideas

mber2, Nov 16, 6:23am
bisloy How do u cooke spicy mince, we also love nachos, could u please give us the recipes for the above, thanks alot

bisloy, Nov 16, 6:43am
just however you make your nacho mince! I use the leftovers in my toasties the next day. Um, fry off onion, garlic, carrot and anyother vege you want to disguise in there, then add the mince. When browned, add some mixed herbs, chilli/paprika, flour, tomato soup mix, cinnamon, mixed spice and mix in. Add tomato paste chopped tinned tomatoes, smokey garlic sauce, wine and water to make a runny consistencey and simmer gently for an hour until it has thickened. Season withlots of pepper and salt and a little sugar.

mber2, Nov 16, 7:31am
thanks for that, it sounds delicious, i might make it for tea in a couple of days

tich50, Nov 16, 11:11am
500gmince....fry2choppedonions,capsicumandgarlic,addminceandwhenitscooked,addgeneroustbsp.tomatosauceandgeneroustbsp.sweetchillisauce,saltandpeppertotaste.isoakapprox100mlsagofor15minutes,strainwateroffandadd.cookacoupleofminutesanduseasafillingformypies.
masterfive'sfavourite....notstrong,solittleone'scanenjoyaswell.

macwood2, Nov 17, 7:48am
wron - what do you mean by Jester range?

petal1955, Aug 13, 4:19pm