Microwave chocolate cake.how long to cook for!

lindi4, Oct 12, 8:32pm
I made a nice chocolate cake off here but 8mins in a microwave that is 1100watts on high.turned it into a rock cake. Believe it or not I still ate it! Can someone suggest if I cook it for 5mins or 6mins and would it be on high. Thanks

barbmac33, Oct 12, 10:16pm
I have a lovely Micro Easy Peasy Chocolate Cake Recipe,it takes 10mins and is nice and moist.Will post it on here if anyone is interested.

lindi4, Oct 12, 11:06pm
Gee 10mins.Is that on low. Yes please can u post it. Thanks

pickles7, Oct 13, 6:43am
I would probably cook this in your oven for 8 minutes. It is a large cake.
Chocolate, Coconut Cake. Microwaved. 1000 watt. mic.

1 3/4 self-raising flour or plain flour with
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
3 tablespoons cocoa
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups sugar
125g butter,melted
1 cup coconut cream
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 large eggs
2 tablespoon oil

Sift flour,cocoa and salt into a bowl.Stir in sugar.
Melt butter in microwave about 1 minute.
Warm coconut cream 1 minute in microwave and stir in soda.
Beat eggs to combine then add to the melted butter.
Add oil,and the cream and soda combination.
Mix well.Pour into dry ingredients and mix well.
Pour into a ring mould about 24X9cm,preferably a special microwave plastic pan.Place pan on an upturned saucer or microwave cake-rack and cook on high 10 minutes.
Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan.
Ice with chocolate icing and sprinkle with coconut when cold.
I kept this to try, it was delicious and cannot remember who posted it. sorry.

pickles7, Oct 13, 6:44am
What was the recipe you used. I think a paper towel cover helps keep cakes moist, while cooking them in the mic.

barbmac33, Oct 13, 7:04am
Beat together 2Eggs,1Cup Sugar,1Cup Milk,1/4Cup or a good slurrp of Golden Syrup,1Cup Oil.(The last lot I used was Cheap Homebrand Soyabean)
Sift onto a Large Plate.1&1/2 Cups of Four,1/4 Cup of Cocoa(or a good heaped Tbs Spoon out of the Pkt)1 tsp Baking Powder,1tsp Baking Soda.
Combine all together,stirring it in a bit at a time,untill the Flour mix is all in.
Grease a large round Dish,Pour Mix in,and Cook on High for 10mins.
My old Micro says P100.
Leave to get cold,it's easier to get out.(I loosen around the sides and underneath with a Fish Slice,and put a Plate on top,and turn the Dish over.I sometimes spread Raspberry Jam all over then cover with thickChocolate Icing.
I have even sliced it in two,and covered one half with Whipped Cream,and put some Canned Plumbs on top.Place the other half over & Ice.Yummy Yummy
It keeps well,covered in the Fridge.Enjoy

moggyman, Oct 13, 8:08am
This is the choco cake recipe that we use.so simple, lovely and moist and keeps for a few days really well.
Melt together 125g butter, 1 cup sugar and 1 cup water in microwave for 4 mins COOL whisk in 1 1/2 cups self raising flour and 1/2 teaspoon baking soda finally whisk in 2 eggs, whisk until combined and pour into a microwave ring bowl, I line the bottom of the bowl with baking paper.Cook on high for 7 mins check that its not too gooey on top, if it is give it another 1min (I place a dinner plate in the oven upside down and sit the cake on this.) My oven is 900w.This is a really forgiving recipe as I have started to cook it and realised that I had not put the eggs in, taken it out of the oven mixed in the eggs put in back in.perfect.You can add chocolate chips, raspberries etc