Cupcakes!

obsidianwings, Oct 9, 11:01pm
I am planning on making cupcakes for DDs birthday party. Partner wants me to make some with chocolate sauce in the middle, is this even possible! If it is, could I do it with packet mix cake! I am awful at cakes.

sclaredy_cat, Oct 10, 12:04am
You could squirt ganache into the centre, anything more runny than that might seep through. If you have a piping bag and nozzle it's easy to poke it in the top and give a small squeeze. Can do the same with raspberry jam and lemon curd. Yum :)

obsidianwings, Oct 10, 12:18am
Thanks I will look into how to make a ganaches.
So I would just poke the nozzle in and give a bit of a squeeze and it would make room for itself! I don't know if that makes sense but can't think of a better way to word it.

guardy, Oct 10, 12:26am
Another option would be to put a piece of caramello choc in the middle of each one.a bit easier.Near easter the little caramel eggs work well too.

sclaredy_cat, Oct 10, 12:33am
Yep that's exactly right. I prefer to do it this way as less chance of explosions in the oven! And personally, sometimes I find chocolate sinks down and burns on the bottom. Just wait until they are cool before you try it otherwise the ganache will melt right in! I have also done this with the Highlanders caramel, and russian fudge that's still a bit runny (then they go in the fridge to set completely).you can decorate right over the top to disguise the hole. Good luck:)

kinna54, Oct 10, 12:48am
Try this:Once again out comes the famous evorotorua cake:

I just made it recently as cupcakes for a friends birthday and dusted the top in an outer circle with icing sugar, piped a chocolate creamy butter icing on top, and placed a white chocolate heart on for decoration.

If you really want to insert caramel inside, place a piece of caramello choc inside the mixture, but this is such a beautiful moist cake it doesn't need it.
And so easy:
posting underneath:

kinna54, Oct 10, 12:50am
Chocolate Yoghurt Banana Cake
*An easy no fail recipe
2 cups sugar
200gms butter or margarine
3 cups self raising flour
2eggs
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup cocoa
1/4 tsp salt
2 mashed bananas
1+ 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1 cup plain yoghurt
1 cup boiling water *add last*

Place all ingredients into a large bowl, pouring the boiling water over the butter or margarine to melt it.
Mix all ingredients together to combine and that’s it!
Pour into a largespring form tin, roasting dish or into muffin cups.
Bake as a large cake for around 1hr 10mins, at 180c or in muffin cases 10-12 minutes.

*You can leave out the bananas if desired*
You can also
use flavoured berry yoghurt if desired.

Ice with chocolate butter icing.
can also be split thru and filled with a choc creamicing, dust top with sifted icing sugar.
*makes a large cake or around 25 large cup cakes*
*Cake freezes well*

obsidianwings, Oct 10, 12:52am
Thanks everyone, not sure which option I am going to use yet but at least I have some ideas now :)

flower-child01, Oct 11, 7:38pm
Chocolate cupcakes, halffill with mixture, add half a teaspoon ganache, add remaining mixture. This is my recipe for choc cupcakes http://brama-sole.co.nz/recipes/chocolate-cupcakes/.