Cupcakes

suzanna, Jan 28, 2:27am
Ok long shot but have just been asked to make cupcakes for tomorrow...recipe's fine but to decorate? Please could someone give me a quick 101 of decorating 36 for a 20 year old's birthday picnic...the one for the 'rellies' before the big night out in town? Do I make a mercy dash to Spotlight before closing for any items or will the supermarkets have what I need? Mantra today is 'simple is good'. Thank you to anyone inspired to post a reply to this last minute mad request.

margyr, Jan 28, 2:51am
butter cream icing, piped on in nice way, with a flower on top or a cherry. Are you making them instead of a birthday cake??? if so then you will have to put them all on the one plate or a tiered plate and have candles in all or some of them.

cubasesx, Jan 28, 2:57am
I do mine with butter cream icing, piped swirl with large star attachment and sprinkles from the supermarket.

rosathemad, Jan 28, 4:57am
I usually do mine as above - piped with a large star piping tip - I wrote a basic tutorial up at the link below if it's helpful. :-) You would need Spotlight for the piping tip if you don't have one though.

http://www.mrscake.co.nz/2011/01/how-to-pipe-cupcake-swirls.html

elliehen, Jan 28, 7:01am
You have a friendly wesbite, Mrs Cake.Doesn't pay to look at the pictures for too long or it could lead to drooling...

eastie3, Jan 28, 7:09am
I have it saved to my favourites.Mrs C is a prolific poster,has great pics and heaps of variety.She writes well too.Another reason I like it is that she has seen the light,moved to Wellington and features places that I like to eat at or are on my wish list.

I recommend her site,and no,I'm not related nor did I win the chocolate in her recent draw,dammit.

http://www.mrscake.co.nz/

suzanna, Jan 28, 10:47am
A thousand thank-yous for your postings...your 101 tutorial is fabulous Mrs Cake...long may you and Mr Cake be the patient and inspirational couple that you obviously are. I've really enjoyed tonight's cupcake-athon even though not quite finished. Again really appreciated the postings...thank you.

mkbooks, Jan 29, 12:24am
Pebbles go down well with most people or Jaffas -silver balls-hundreds + thousands -choc buttons-glace cherries-chopped dried apricot

rosathemad, Mar 7, 3:01pm
Aw, you guys are so lovely! Suzanna, Mr Cake might not agree that I am patient, though. ;-)