What's your favourite pasta meal!

sarahb5, Aug 22, 9:52pm
This sounds great - I love cannelloni and have struggled to find a decent recipe.Do you have any quantities to help me!Or a few more instructions - like, what do you do with the ricotta!

Thanks heaps!

village.green, Aug 23, 1:09am
'Whores' sorry that should read 'Puttanesca'. Very robust flavours, tomato, olives, capers, anchovies, garlic - delicious.

When I'm pushed for time I do simple tin of toms, paste, onion, garlic, any herbs on hand and chopped up carrot for added sweetness, S&P and simmer for 30 mins or so.

jimbob37, Oct 3, 4:44am
Cooking for 5 adults.something filling, delicious, and not too complicated!

craig04, Oct 3, 5:11am
Tequila Chicken Fettucine - OMG it is to die for! It's my DH's recipe and he makes it for me for special occasions - actually I think he's making it for me for dinner on Thursday as it's my birthday :-)

1 pkt of fresh fettucine (or make your own if have the means)
1/4 c chopped fresh coriander
2 T minced garlic
2 T minced jalapenos
3 T butter
1/2 c chicken stock
3-4 T tequila
2 T fresh lime juice
3 T soy sauce
750g skinless boneless chicken breast - cubed
1/4 sliced red onion
1 red capsicum - thinly sliced
1 yellow capsicum - thinly sliced
1 red capsicum- thinly sliced
1 1/2 c cream

Saute garlic and jalapeno in 2 T butter over med heat for 4-5 mins. Add stock, lime juice & tequila, bring mixture to boil and cook until reduced to a paste-like consistency. Set aside.
Pour soy sauce over chicken and leave for 5min. Saute onion and capsicums with remaining butter. Cook fettucine to al dente.
When capsicums have wilted, add chicken and soy sauce. Add tequila/lime paste and cream, bring to boil and gently simmer until chicken is cooked and sauce thickens.
Add the cooked fettucine and toss together.
Serve with a generous sprinkling of chopped coriander.

ETA - if cooking for 5 adults, and you want generous servings you may want to increase the quantities by half again

mazzy1, Oct 3, 5:19am
One of my favourite, quick and extremely easy "throw it all together in 15 minutes flat when your brother arrives from out of town unexpectedly" recipes is spaghetti, home-made basil pesto stirred through together with capers and creme fraiche then served with smoked salmon. Tastes delicious too!

rainrain1, Oct 3, 5:39am
OMG feed me feed me

sarahb5, Oct 3, 5:43am
"Traditional" carbonara, ie. spagheti with bacon, eggs and cheese

jimbob37, Oct 3, 5:53am
Would the first recipe work without the tequila do you think!Don't have any, and am pregnant, so not likely to put it in anyway.could I replace it with something else!Sounds very yummy!

nzkea1, Oct 3, 6:44am
Love it and that is what we are having for our dinner this evening :O)

zambesi2, Oct 3, 8:02pm
That sounds devine.One I am definately going to try!

carriebradshaw, Oct 3, 8:15pm
Rachel Ray's "You wont be single for long vodka cream pasta".

lyl_guy, Oct 3, 8:19pm
A very easy yummy one is. saute garlic and spring onions in a mix of butter and olive oil, add chopped bacon and cook few minutes, add a 6-pack of large brown mushrooms (chopped).Deglaze the pan with a few splashes white wine (or water/ stock), and add some creme fraiche.
Cook pasta (any, but I use long egg spaghetti).Mix with the mushroom sauce, mixing in some of the pasta water to loosen the sauce.I also add chopped fresh parsley.

craig04, Oct 4, 3:25am
Yes, I'm sure it would still be nice without the tequila

kinna54, Oct 4, 3:58am
I love carbonara and good ol mac cheese, with lots of bacon, cheese & crumb topping done under the griller, accompanied by fresh homemade bread.
However. Blugh I have gone right off lasagna at the mo.
Made it last night, but did not enjoy! greasy!

buzzy110, Oct 4, 4:41am
About 15 years ago I had Vongole. If ever I was to have another pasta meal, that would be my only choice. It helps that I gather my own cockles.

karenz, Oct 4, 5:01am
Personally I don't thinkk you can go past cannelloni, stuffed with cooked pork, onions, garlic, spinach and riccota or cottage cheese, bound with a little tomato past with a red sauce then a white sauce poured over then grated parmesan.Served with a simple green salad and a homemade tomato soup for starters with homemade garlic bread. Soup is just carrots and celery, onions and garlic cooked in olive oil and whizzed up with a tin of tomatoes, add chicken stock and sprinkle parsley over the top.

karenz, Oct 4, 5:07am
If you use fresh lasagna pasta sheets cut to size it cuts down on the time and makes it a lot bulkier so it will go further, also you can buy pottles of sauce in the chilled section with the pasta sheets.

tarshlove, Oct 4, 5:27am
Lasagne! Nom Nom Nom

lyl_guy, Oct 4, 8:19pm
A very easy yummy one is. saute garlic and spring onions in a mix of butter and olive oil, add chopped bacon and cook few minutes, add a 6-pack of large brown mushrooms (chopped).Deglaze the pan with a few splashes white wine (or water/ stock), and add some creme fraiche.
Cook pasta (any, but I use long egg spaghetti).Mix with the mushroom sauce, mixing in some of the pasta water to loosen the sauce.I also add chopped fresh parsley, and of course Parmesan cheese.

creek, Oct 5, 2:41am
I cook a pkt of noodles add half jar sweetsour sauce mix together lovely I am having tonite with salard

jaydan1, Oct 5, 5:22am
If I'm cooking in bulk then I go for Lasagne or Canellonni. Always a hit, especially with a side of salad and garlic bread.

socram, Oct 6, 5:34am
Love spaghetti.Meat sauce but also a chilli con-carne (ie add beans, heaps of paprika, capsicum etc. to your basic sauce plus chilli to taste.A big pot with a mild chilli flavour only needs about 4 or five dried peppers.)

Other favouriteis substituting bacon for the mince then adding prawns and maybe a dollop of sour cream, hefty splash of a sweet red wine/sherry.