Page 2 / 3
rainrain1, Oct 3, 7:09am
I'm not the best person to ask that question

molly37, Oct 3, 8:08am
Hmmmm.

lyl_guy, Oct 3, 11:10am
They're $995 at Milly's.

rainrain1, Oct 6, 5:02am
Yes the bowl is made in Korea, did you get a DVD with yours.I did but it won't play. how sad is that

pogram0, Oct 6, 6:37am
The company who supply these machines has recently received a warning from the Commerce Commission. Seems they have been threatening retailers by refusing to supply further stock if they indulge in discounting the Kitchen Aid mixers.I think we should refuse to buy their products - give them the Cadbury treatment.

bill241, Oct 6, 6:52am
.nah.

akd100, Oct 6, 7:58am
Hmm, my store sells them at a discounted price, and they have just received a new stock, so hmmm not sure about that one.

akd100, Oct 6, 7:59am
Yeah I did, but my DVD is broken so I can't play it lol

lyl_guy, Oct 6, 8:53am
How much is the discounted price!A bit less than$995!

cookessentials, Oct 6, 10:01pm
not at all. akd, no offence taken at all.I hope you didn't think I had!

cookessentials, Oct 6, 10:09pm
Marie, I received a letter from the commerce commission in regards to this. I have never been threatened that they would not supply, however, we were told we were not allowed to discount them. Since receiving that letter some time back, we have had a promotion of them ( in August) and sold eight machines. We sold them at $895. Milly's is well known for selling at a much higher price than most retailers ( there is no law against that) there is also a rule that the items cannot be sold on Trademe ( and a number of distributors of the well known brands ask that we do not do that and I, for one, abide by that, although, there are two that regularly sell on here who flout that law and are a law unto themselves)

rainrain1, Oct 7, 1:50am
I'm too scared to turn mine on in case I haven't got it set up righthee hee

shop-a-holic, Oct 7, 4:20am
Louis Vuitton never has a sale either; and KitchenAid are Vuittons in the kitchen. (Spends all day staring at it.giggles),

cookessentials, Oct 7, 4:32am
Did you have a problem with your DVD! If so, get trhe retailer to send for another one.they will get you one that will work.

rainrain1, Oct 7, 4:47am
Yes I have thought about doing that, I intend to try it on my laptop first.The book is OK to follow but I was disappointed about the video

rainrain1, Oct 7, 4:49am
yes ha ha

supercook, Oct 7, 6:58am
SOOOOOOOOO Jealous. Thats my dream kitchen appliance and it would be displayed on the bench for all too see. It would be a hard choice so many great colours !

pogram0, Oct 7, 7:24am
Cookessentials.You come across like you are scared to disobey the rules of Kitchen Aid.Why!Are your scared of retribution by them!Why should this company hike prices and keep them artificially high.Sounds to me like they are trying to maximise the profit for their retailers.Surely we operate in a free market.This truely is the problem with NZ and why visitors to NZ find we are so much more expensive than overseas countries.It is just not good enough.People complain about the high price of groceries, milk, cheese, etc. due to the lack of competition in the marketplace and here we have a company indulging in keeping prices high.They should be reducing their price when the NZ dollar is high against the US dollar, Euro etc!Sounds to me like they are not even doing this!

lyl_guy, Oct 7, 7:49am
That's true. it's cheaper than ever to buy from UK. ALTHOUGH. if you compare prices of the mixer in the UK through amazon, we're not paying a heck of a lot more.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_2_10!url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=kitchenaid+mixer&sprefix=kitchenaid
Just double the 'pounds' amount to approximate the NZD.

lyl_guy, Oct 7, 7:54am
.Had a look at the US amazon.com, the mixers are only $350 NZD! Pity the plugs aren't compatible and there would be no valid warranty!

cookessentials, Oct 7, 8:11am
No, not at all. I have no problem with it. Manufacturers of some of the more higher end items dont want them sold on Tradme, its that simple. If they have asked that they not be sold here, then I respect that. it has nothing to do with free market policy.

cookessentials, Oct 7, 8:12am
That's quite right. Also, the shipping would be more than the cost of the machine ( believe me, I bring items in from the USA and I know what the shipping costs are like)

cookessentials, Oct 7, 8:14am
It depends on who it is and when they are buying. I know for a fact that the distributors on KitchenAid are purchasing some six months or more ahead.

cookessentials, Oct 7, 8:14am
You should have been given a DVD and a CD ROM.

pogram0, Oct 7, 8:19am
Then why would I buy from your store!The only people you are respecting are your suppliers.How about some respect and consideration for your customers!Obviously it doesn't matter about them.