Macaronni cheese .simple recipe!

reese, Oct 1, 6:33am
Hi
i love mac cheese.my mum sometimes makes it.but its not the best.the sauce she makes takes more like a glue paste.so i dont want to use her recipe :(
Im making it for 2 people.and only have cheddar cheese to use.
is there an easy recipe with a nice sauce.thats not to thick or to thin.
my mother makes her sauce with milk adding cornflour and then cheese.

dice4, Oct 1, 6:44am
for the sauce melt a knob of butter, add a spoonful of 2 of flour and mix toa thick paste, add milk slowly and stir until there are no more lumps. Add cheese to taste ( 2ish handfuls) You may need to heat it a wee bit to melt all the cheese.Then just mix with cooked pasta. Then you can go all fancy and put in the the oven with bread crumbs on top for 10 mins or so to, or eat as it.

tipsy_bl0nde, Oct 1, 6:46am
hehe i just made mac and cheese for dinner tonight also :)

reese, Oct 1, 6:53am
oh 2 handfuls of cheese.lol my mother only puts about 1 small handful in.maybe thats why it tasteslike glue and not cheesy!

rchelley, Oct 1, 6:58am
I usually just make a cheese sauce (using tasty cheese and adding dijonaise mustard), but I do brown onions and bacon in the butter before putting the flour in. Then mix with pre-cooked pasta then top with grated cheese and fresh breadcrumbs mixed with butter.Bake in the oven until crispy and golden on top.

prendy1, Oct 1, 7:15am
My 11 year old daughter made this the other night, so it's pretty simple. Because it's not based on a cheese sauce it doesn't have that gluey consistency. We didn't have 4 types of cheese so just used parmesan and tasty, and we used white wine instead of stout. It still got rave reviews!
http://www.food.com/recipe/irish-macaroni-and-cheese-with-stout-351040

poolgirl6, Oct 1, 7:36am
Make the cheese sauce in the microwave, always a lovely texture.
Actually Imake my macaroni cheese in the microwave. No need to make a cheese sauce. After cooking the macaroni, I add the four, milk and cheese (and mustard or toms or bacon etc) stirand recook. A one pot meal that I finish off in the oven with a crusty topping. This is a no lumps dish, so easy and tasty.

reese, Oct 1, 8:11am
thankyou everyone.:)

liamjosh, Oct 1, 8:40am
I just make a white sauce and when it is ready to add the cheese, I turn off the pot, add the cheese and stir until it is melted.I never cook the sauce once the cheese is added and everyone always comments on how yummy my sauce is.