Lemon Tart

fee1965, Sep 25, 2:59am
who has a great recipe!feel like baking, maybe a lemon meringue tart would do!

davidt4, Sep 25, 4:25am
This is my best lemon tart, loosely based on a recipe from Marco Pierre White.

Lemon Tart

serves 8 - or 2 x 20 cm flan shells

Pastry:

500g flour
175g icing sugar
250g butter
grated zest 1 lemon
seeds from 1 vanilla pod

Filling:

9 eggs
400g caster sugar
5 lemons (zest of two, juice of 5)
250 ml cream

[ or for one large tart)

6 eggs
260g caster sugar
3 lemons (zest of two, juice of 3)
165 ml cream

Blind bake pastry at 180C.

Whisk eggs with sugar and zest, stir in juice and fold in cream.Leave to settle (overnight in fridge is good but not essential) scoop foam off top, pour into hot pastry shell.

Bake at 120C 30 min or until barely set.

If you have a blow torch use it to caramelise the top.

shellz213, Sep 25, 7:31am
x1
I use Jo Seagar's lemon tart recipe which is really delish and nice and easy to make as well .

125 grams butter
1 cup flour
1/2 cup icing sugar
Place in food processor and run until it clumps together.Use floured hands, press into base of loose bottomed flan tin.Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
1 cup castor sugar
1/2 cup lemon juice
Grated rind of 2 lemons
2 tbsp custard powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
3 eggs
icing sugar to dust
Place all the filling into the food processor and run until combined.
Pour into chilled base.
Bake for 25 minutes at 180C until pastry crisp and golden and filling set.
Dust with icing sugar.

rasin11, Sep 25, 7:47am
Ditto! This is the only one to make i get comments all the time It tastes like nothing else! No custardy taste as some do.

buzzy110, Sep 26, 3:46am
I make an almost identical one and it sure is the nicest and easiest lemon tart around.

molly37, Sep 26, 5:03am
Hi, Its in the Jo Segar All Things Nice Cookbook. Citrus Tart.
125g Butter
1 C Flour
1/2 C Icing Sugar
Place it all in Food Processor and run till it clumps together. Use floured hands, press mix into base of loose bottomed flan tin. Refrigerate for at least 30 mins.
1 Cup Caster Sugar
1/2 C Lemon Juice
Grated rind of 2 Lemons
2 Tablespoons of Custard Powder, but I used cornflour as I was out. (I liked in better than when I used custard powder personally).
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
3 Eggs
Icing Sugar to dust.
Place all the filling into the food processor and run till combined. Pour into chilled base. Bake for 25 mins until pastry crisp and golden and filling set. Dust with icing sugar.
Its Easy Peasy.!

bev00, Sep 25, 10:40am
recycling for lemon lovers

zappi, Sep 25, 9:21pm
Ditto to the Jo Seager recipe.Its the only one I repeatedly get comments on.So yummy.

bev00, Nov 29, 9:29am
Creamy Lemon Tart

100gms ginger biscuits
25gms butter
405mls skim sweetened condensed milk
1 small egg – beaten
1 medium egg white
2 medium fresh lemons, finely grated rind, plus juice
Preheat the oven to 180°C.
Place the biscuits in a food processor and pulse until fine. Alternatively, place them in a plastic bag and crush using a rolling pin. Transfer to a bowl.
Melt the butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Add the biscuit crumbs and carefully press the mixture into the base of a 23cm cake tin. Refrigerate until required.
Place the condensed milk and eggs in a bowl. Beat until smooth. Add the lemon zest and juice and stir well. The mixture will begin to thicken. Pour into the prepared base.
Bake the tart for 20 minutes, then remove from the oven and allow it to cool completely. Refrigerate until set.
Decorate with a slice of lemon just before serving.
This tart will keep in the fridge for up to 1 week in an airtight container.

For a different citrus flavour, try using the zest and juice of 2 juicy limes in place of the lemons.
Serves 10

Quotetimetogo (217 )6:29 pm, Wed 30 Nov #7
Lemon Tart (Quick & Easy)

Ingredients
•1 Pastry case. ready or home made (about 24cm) I use Edmonds Sweet Short Pastry
•250g Caster Sugar
•2 Fresh Lemons. Zest and Juice
•4 Eggs
•250ml Cream
• Icing Sugar to dust
Method
1. Preheat oven to 180°C

2. Combine all the ingredients together in a mixing bowl.

3. Pour the mixture into the pastry case.

4. Bake for about 30 mins until brown on top. Once cooked remove from the oven and allow to cool.

5. Before serving, sprinkle with icing sugar and serve with a dollop of cream

Quotepetal1955 (187 )9:34 pm, Wed 30 Nov #8

bev00, Nov 29, 9:31am
Here is a Jamie Oliver Lime (or Lemon) Tart:

"Recipe courtesy Jamie Oliver

1 tart shell, baked blind
8 large free-range eggs
12 ounces caster sugar
12 ounces double cream
7 1/2 ounces lime juice
3 3/4 ounces lemon juice

With this particular tart, as it has a moist filling, it's important to egg-wash the uncooked tart shell before adding the filling. This adds a sort of waterproof layer and keeps the pastry crisp and short for longer.

Whisk together the sugar and eggs in a bowl. When they are well mixed, slowly stir in the cream and the juices. Put the cooked tart shell back into the oven and then pour the filling into it – I find this reduces spillage.

Bake for around 40 to 45 minutes at 350 degrees F or until the filling is set, but still semi-wobbly in the middle (obviously different ovens will cook at different rate so it is good for you to try this tart a couple of times to gauge exactly when you should take it out of the oven).

After cooling for an hour, the semi-wobbly filling will have firmed up to the perfect consistency; soft and smooth. If you cut it before it has had time to rest it will pour out or be extremely gooey.

You can dust it with a little icing sugar, if you wish. Serve with a huge pile of fresh raspberries or strawberries. Whatever you decide to serve it with should be quite simple so that you let the tart do the talking."

Quoteelliehen (3909 )11:30 pm,