Cooking beef olives

becky156, Sep 5, 10:05pm
how do you cook yours!oven or slow cooker!& what do you add etc.Having for tea tonight & would love to get some ideas how to do them.

fifie, Sep 5, 10:36pm
Have you tried the search function,
<-------------- left hand side of screen recipes, beef olives, last year and a few threads come up maybe you will find something there. Hope this helps, or rub with oil,garlic,S/Pepper brown in hot pan throw in C/Pot make up a gravy pour over them lid on and cook.

evebee, Sep 6, 4:13am
i stuff mine with ordinary poultry stuffing and roll them up and put a toothpick in them to keep the stuffing in. Then I brown them in a little oilo. Then transfer to an overproof dish. make somegravy-packet- and pour over. Cook at 180 degrees --not too sure for how long. These are really tasty.

corgi731, Sep 6, 4:28am
same as above, thats how i do mine too,.

tantric5, Sep 6, 4:32am
I chuck em in the oven for 35 mins on 180

tantric5, Sep 6, 4:33am
and then let em rest for 5 mins or so b4 I serve (to myself lol)

falconhell2002, Sep 6, 4:33am
My quick easy cheats beef olives are, the packet stuffing made up as directedand then rolled up and put in crockpot and pour a jar of sweet and sour sauce over the top.Delish!

leebee35, Sep 6, 10:41am
mmm. we used to get these served at boarding school. they had a nick name " Ox's *ocks ". Gee it was enough to put a 13yr off! hehe. I'm sure they would be fab now.

obsidianwings, Sep 7, 12:17am
I roll out the schnitzel even flatter/bigger, cut into 4 pieces, stuff with ordinary stuffing and secure with toothpick, brown, then place in casserole dish with sliced carrot and chunky diced onion, mix pack of oxtail soup with about 2 cups of water from memory and pour over, I cook at about 160c for 2 hours plus until tender and with thick gravy.

auburn4, Sep 7, 1:37am
Homemade stuffing,spread on meat and roll up and place seam side down in bowl with other olives. I use small bowl so they all hold each other in shape. Add 1 cup chicken stock(found beef stock too strong). Cover with foil and bake @ 170C for 50-60 minutes. Remove foil for last 15 minutes for tops to brown. I do baked potatoes at the same time.