BREAD!

unknowndisorder, Jul 3, 5:05am
I made it in the Tefal today, and it was delish. Thanks for the recipe :)

blackbriar, Jul 7, 6:54am
Can you help me with me Tefal breadmake unknowndisorder.I have only just got mine today but am having trouble getting the menu button to work.When I turn it on and push the menu button - nothing happens.What am I doing wrong pls!

jns, Jul 7, 7:23am
I use that recipe all the time for my bread too, its the best.

queenmaeb, Jul 7, 8:45am
My loaves from the Tefal áre small and taste awful. Do you folks dissolve your yeast first! I'm using Edmonds yellow top at moment. Had no luck with Tasti nor red cap Edmonds.

kinna54, Jul 7, 9:01am
No I don't ever dissolve the yeast. I have had a couple of dud batches of yeast tho. I have gone back to buying Edmonds,*red cap*, ( think that is your problem queenmaeb try the red cap and don't dissolve it) but find that it does have to be kept in the fridge (I personally don't like it in the freezer, but some people swear by it) But it does expire quickly, If mine is nearing the date I do a big bake up and just freeze the bread.

Also try the french function and the french recipe.sure you will find an improvement. edited to add I sometimes use the delay bake function overnight on this setting, and find the bread rises just that bit more as well.

queenmaeb, Jul 7, 9:07am
Thanks for your replies. I actually think its my machine. It doesnt seem to get warm enough.
I did buy a new jar of red top and after 2 dud loaves gave up and handmade bread with it and cooked them in the oven - worked perfectly. Same with a jar of Tasti. Tried one loaf - was small and not properly risen. Thats why I decided to try dissolving yeast first.

Its easily the worst and cheapest looking machine I've ever owned. I do regret using my FlyBuys to get it now.
I will grab another jar of red top next grocery shop and try the French bread recipe- I've scribbled it down in my recipe book :0)

evorotorua, Jul 7, 6:23pm
I am sure you know this, but many times on this MB people have complained about the rising of their bread. Please check you are using the correct temperature of water. It needs to be blood temp.so if you were to dip your finger in it, it would feel neither warmer or cooler than yourself, if you know what I mean. the red lid Edmonds Surebake does not need proofing. The yellow lid will need it. Hope that helps someone just to serve as a reminder that the water is really important!1 Enjoy.

mara03, Sep 1, 9:08am
help! does anyone have a basic bread recipe for the breadmaker measured in cups!

skippie1, Sep 1, 9:16am
1 cup and 2 tablespoons of luke warm water, 3 and 1/4 cups of flour, 2 tablespoons sugar, 1 and 1/2 teaspoon salt. 1 table spoon milk powderm, 3 teaspoons surebake yeast, 1 good size tablespoon butter or margarine. It goes in that order in my bread machine on basic white, medium crust.

kinna54, Sep 1, 10:40am
French bread: 750gm loaf
This is the recipe I use, crusty outer, soft fluffy inner. I have converted this recipe to NZ cup measures, and have made it in my Breville, and sunbeam, DIL makes it in her panasonic.
1 cup + 2 TBSPS warm water
3 cups high grade flour
1 tsp salt
2 tsp sugar
4 tsps surebake red cap yeast
Setting: French. crust medium.
The French setting has a slower rising time and the baking time is a bit longer, but the results are worth it. Different breadmaker models vary, if you don't have a French setting look for a setting that takes around 3 and 1/2 hrs.

korbo, Sep 1, 7:18pm
just to try as well.
300ml warm tap water
2 tblesp oil or butter
2 teasp sugar
1.1/2 teas salt
3 cups flour
3 teaspoons yeast, (red lid jar or tasti)
2 tblesp milk powder or fresh milk
put all in bucket in listed order and bake on basic. when the beep beeps, add cheese, onion, curry, or sultanas etc. your choice is your desire.

tried and tested by many a trader on here

camper18, Sep 1, 8:39pm
Kinna45's recipe works for me every time. Have even used it for cinnamon and fruit loaf with great success.

lu_lu1, Sep 1, 8:52pm
A great tip for making your own bread is to have a measuring day. I have 5 plastic bags I measure all the dry ingredients into. Then when I feel like making a loaf, I tip out the bag, add the soft butter, warm water, press the start. I have a Panasonic bread maker, and put the dry in first.

debsaid, Sep 2, 1:19am
1 1/2 cups water
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
4 cups high grade flour
4 teaspoons breadmaker yeast.

makes a big kilo loaf.

Usually i add 3 teaspoons of bread improver and just make the dough and then split and make 2 loaves in the oven.

thitryfiver, Sep 2, 1:35am
3 tsp breadmaker yeast
3 cups Hi grade flour
2 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
2TB canola oil
1& 1/4 cups plus 2 TB warm water

kinna54, Sep 2, 10:40am
French bread: 750gm loaf
This is the recipe I use, crusty outer, soft fluffy inner. I have converted this recipe to NZ cup measures, and have made it in my Breville, and sunbeam, DIL makes it in her panasonic.
1 cup + 2 TBSPS warm water
3 cups high grade flour
1 tsp salt
2 tsp sugar
4 tsps surebake red cap yeast
Setting: French. crust medium.
The French setting has a slower rising time and the baking time is a bit longer, but the results are worth it. Different breadmaker models vary, if you don't have a French setting look for a setting that takes around 3 and 1/2 hrs.

camper18, Sep 2, 8:39pm
Kinna45's recipe works for me every time. Have even used it for cinnamon and fruit loaf with great success.

mazzy1, Sep 3, 12:53am
How long in the oven, and at what heat please!

kinna54, Sep 3, 5:39am
To "bake off" bread dough in the oven heat 200-210C and around 20 mins, depending on loaf size. That is after you have left the shapedloaf to 'prove' for around 20mins, after all the initial kneading and rising.

mazzy1, Sep 3, 12:07pm
Thanks Kinna!

mazzy1, Sep 3, 12:11pm
OMG - I made this loaf in the breadmaker today, and can't believe the size of it! It's the biggest loaf I have ever seen and felt really light when I took it out, with a crunchy crust. Occasionally I have made other recipes and the loaves came out really much smaller and HEAVY. I haven't eaten any yet, but will definitely make this one again. I always wondered what the "French" setting was :)

kinna54, Sep 4, 5:39am
To "bake off" bread dough in the oven heat 200-210C and around 20 mins, depending on loaf size. That is after you have left the shapedloaf to 'prove' for around 20mins, after all the initial kneading and rising.

mazzy1, Sep 4, 12:11pm
OMG - I made this loaf in the breadmaker today, and can't believe the size of it! It's the biggest loaf I have ever seen and felt really light when I took it out, with a crunchy crust. Occasionally I have made other recipes and the loaves came out really much smaller and HEAVY. I haven't eaten any yet, but will definitely make this one again. I always wondered what the "French" setting was :)