Green Tomato Recipes - Got a Good one?

diandbri, Mar 23, 2:02am
I have masses of unripened toms, firm and green and Google shows there are heaps of ways to use them in various recipes. Do any of you out there have a tried and true trusted use that you can share? I have never eaten green tomatoes so don't mind if it is sweet or savoury... I'm just not sure where to start LOL! Thanks in advance.

harrislucinda, Mar 23, 2:46am
haveachocolatecakeandmockdateusinggreentoms

diandbri, Mar 23, 3:12am
That sounds good! ! Can you share the recipe pretty please or is there a website with it I could go to? Thanks

samanya, Mar 23, 6:19am
I'd appreciate that recipe too, I think I'm going to have heaps of green tomatoes, damned late Canterbury summer. . not many ripening!

Might have to hang them up if it goes all sub -antarctic here, soon. . which it could easily do!

korbo, Mar 23, 7:33am
please can wehave the mock date/chocolate cake recipe

jessie981, Mar 23, 8:06am
x1
Aunt Daisy has recipies for Green Tomato Chutney x2 Green Tomato Piccalilli (no sugar), Green Tomato Pickle (no sugar), Green Tomato Jam.
Any you want recipe for?

harrislucinda, Mar 23, 8:07am
mysteryfudgecake1 1/4 cupsflour1/4cup cocoa 1tspbp1tspbakingsoda1tspcinnamon4 ozbutterormarg1cup sugar 1egg1tspvanillaess1tsp gratedorangepeel1cupcoarselygratedgreen tomato1 cupchoppedwalnuts1/4 cup milkcombineall dry ingredin abowlbeat togetherbutterandsugaruntil smoothaddeggesspeelandtomato siftindry ingredbake180about30 minoruntil screwercomes outclean

harrislucinda, Mar 23, 8:15am
mock datesliceitischewy1/2cupbutter1 cuppacked brown sugar1tspvanillaess11/2 cupswheatflour1tsp bp1/2tsp baking soda 1 cup oat mealcream buttersugaraddsodaandotheringredpresshalfintobaking trayspreadwithfillingthen cover with otherhalffilling2cupsmincedgreen tomato1/2cup sugarjuiceandrind of 1orange1tlbsplemon juice1tsp cinnamon1/2tspcloves1/2 cup chopped nutscombinedallingred in pancookintilliquidhasgoneandmixture isthickcool

harrislucinda, Mar 23, 8:16am
haveheapsotherrecipesforgreentomsitwas in the paperdated1992paperyellownow

rog.e, Mar 23, 8:20am
How to make FRIED GREEN TOMATOES - watch this video of these delicious morsels.

http://www.youtube.com/watch? v=xPR0xFgCAZY

diandbri, Mar 24, 2:31am
Wow, thanks everybody. I am going to be busy! !

diandbri, Mar 24, 4:14am
Rog. e - just made the fried green toms from that video. Very nice, although I had to cook mine on low heat otherwise they burnt. Other than that a great recipe so thankyou. Never had green toms before!

rog.e, Dec 1, 7:18am
Good use of a nice big unripe tomato usn't it. I thought the video said to cook on low heat but must be another recipe for them I have. Sorry.
V