Help, I need some green finger food!

ysm1, Aug 29, 7:06am
Not cake or cupcakes, other people are making those. Could do a salad but that's boring. Any ideas!

toadfish, Aug 29, 7:10am
DIVINE GREEN DIP.
1 Cobb Loaf, 1 onion, 3/4 cup mayonnaise, 1 tsp curry powder, 1 cup grated cheese, 250g cream cheese, 1/4 tsp basil, 4 silverbeet leaves (cooked & well-drained). Cut the top off & hollow out the Cobb loaf, keeping the bread to cut into small serving-sized pieces for dipping. Mix all the remaining ingredients in a food processor & then pour the mixture into the Cobb shell & place the lid on i.e. the piece cut from the top of the loaf. Bake at 150°C for 1/2 hour. Serve warm.

Note: From Julia– “This is absolutely divine but the bread is not enough on its own for dipping, so I always serve other things e.g. Snax crackers, finely sliced French bread .I have also done in it in small rolls for individual dips & my Aunt has served it up as a Vegetarian meal, 1 dinner roll with filling and lots of chopped up vegetables for each person.”

ysm1, Aug 29, 7:13am
Ok thanks, not sure what I could dip though since bread is not green and I absolutely hate celery

duke53, Aug 29, 7:16am
anti pesto platter was great!

jessie981, Aug 29, 7:45am
For a vegetable snack tray (served with a green dip made from mixing green food coloring into white french onion or ranch dip), arrange wholesome green vegetables such as:

•broccoli.
•celery.
•sliced zucchini.
•pickles.
•green olives.
•sliced green bell peppers.

For a fruit snack tray, include healthy fruits such as:
•green grapes.
•green apple slices.
•green pear slices.
•honeydew melon.
•kiwi slices.

elliehen, Aug 29, 7:51am
Green capsicums!And won't others at the party like celery!

kinna54, Aug 29, 10:41am
For kids or adults:
Adults: toothpicksof thinly sliced *angle cut* zucchinis, spicy gherkins, (the spiced ones have an awesome darker colour), and sliced telegraph cucumber, topped with a green coctail onion, served on a platter with a green pesto dip, or you could arrange the toothpicks into a hedgehog, (body made from a lime, green lemon, or granny smith apple or green pear, stuuded with cloves for hedgehogs eyes and snout.)
Kids:
Assorted green lollies such as green fruit puffs, spearmint leaves, jubes, or the coated mushroom shaped lollies (go to the pic,n,mix section and pick out all the green ones) on toothpicks pushed into a green apple or pear as above.
Or:
green lolly cake: Instead of malt bics, use arrowrroot biccies, crush and add a few drops of green food colouring, and for the lollies use green cut up eskimo lollies.
Good luck.

kinna54, Aug 30, 1:13am
Adults! and you haven't said what kind of party, but for an adults evening party you could do green vodka jellies.

buzzy110, Aug 30, 3:06am
Rice paper wraps. Here is roughly what I do but you can google recipes if you like. They are dead simple to do.

Rice paper, some dipping sauces (soy, sweet Tahi chilli, fish sauce, mayonnaise (gulp), etc) and thinly sliced vegetables - spring onion, carrots, capsicum, red onion, sprouts, mushrooms, watercress, celery, etc, (probably even lettuce if you want).

Prepare the vegetables. Dip each sheet into water for a few seconds till it goes soft then place a selection of vegetables down the centre with the tops slightly over one edge and wrap up like a cone, tucking in the bottom so everything doesn't fall out.

All sorts of meats can be used as well just make it fine and use sparingly.

kiwitrish, Aug 30, 3:41am
Celery with cream cheese down the center

buzzy110, Aug 30, 4:05am
How about Savoury Pinwheels! (even more simple)
1 sheet of flakey pastry (bought)
Small jar of Pesto
Bacon
Cheddar Cheese - grated

Cut up the bacon into tiny bits
Open the jar of pesto
Have your cheese ready in a little pile
Spread as much pesto on the pastry as you want
Sprinkle on the bacon bits
Sprinkle over with cheese
(Optional - finely slice onions)
Roll into a tight tube and slice into rounds about 1½cm thick
Lay on a baking tray and cook as per the instructions for the pastry on the packet.

Just throw into the oven to reheat when ready and serve on a platter or shallow bowl

duckmoon, Aug 30, 4:28am
I do club sandwiches which have a layer of cooked mashed peas (and butter to bind).

p[eople love them, and they look great - BRIGHT green.

what about avocado!

carlos57, Aug 30, 4:40am
I made a green marshmallow shortcake for a green morning tea :) (Just the marshmallow was green - not the shortcake!)

supercook, Aug 30, 10:36pm
Avocado sushi

elliehen, Aug 31, 12:37am
Devilled eggs, mashing the yolks with avocado.

kinna54, Sep 1, 6:22am
Another idea is something I just spotted in the supermarket (they were on special so I had a closer look). The fresscarini filled fresh pasta shapes, raviolli squares come in green. They are yummy, (we have them often) you could serve them on a toothpick with a dipping sauce.