Need a new cake mixer.

spenco, Aug 23, 5:16am
I need a new cake mixer. something that can handle cookie dough and bread dough.
Was looking at the older kenwoods etc but cant seem to win any on here GRRR or out of town and cost a fair bit to post to me.

Anyone got any of the newer ones something with at least a 600w motor and recomend it or have one for sale ! or no of somewhere selling them on sale at the moment. Im in christchurch.

Silly Feb quake broke the glass bowl for my one and to get a new one i may as well buy a whole new more powerful unit ;)

cookessentials, Aug 23, 8:51am
Why do you need at least a 600W motor!
Why not get a good quality KitchenAid that can handle both those with ease and are an energy saving 325 watts!

spenco, Aug 23, 9:36am
Im taking your word that you have one! the breville one i have atm has a stand but the bowl smashed into a million bits, its a 320watt so i figured with that not handling what i need it to id need more power. Do you have a link or anything in regards to that brand or a particular model !

cookessentials, Aug 23, 9:50am
Bear in mind that the prices are AUD. They sell in NZ for $995,although some cookware stores may have them at a special price. They have been around since 1919 and are the original mixer that both Kenwood and the others try to emulate. They are still hand assembled in the USA and are all metal construction. They mix to 67 points in the bowl, whereas your Kenwoods,Brevilles and others mix to about 11 points in the bowl. These machines aredirect drive,gear driven, not belt driven, hence, they dont need a screaming high wattage motor. There are twenty colours.you will pay more for the chrome and brushed nickel. If you scroll down the page on the link, you willl see that they mix 1.35 kg combined total weight of ingredients.

http://www.petermcinnes.com.au/au/products/kitchenaid-retail/kitchenaid-retail/stand-mixers/ksm150-artisan-stand-mixer/ksm150-red-mixer

deus701, Aug 23, 10:23am
Homestore has kitchen aid mixers seconds for $850. You don't need more than 350watts for home use. Is the power meant for kneading breads!