What to have with chicken schnitzel!

datoofairy, Aug 23, 3:42am
I've decided on chicken schnitzel for dinner tonight but cant decide what else to have with it.I'd love a salad but have no ingredients and dont want to go out to the supermarket today.
What ever we have has to be something that can be reheated later or prepared in the time it takes to cook the schnitzel as Miss 11 and I will eat at 6 but her father needs a meal when he get gets home at 10pm.
Any idea's!

shellz213, Aug 23, 3:52am
We're having wiener schnitzel for dinner tonight with mashed spuds, broccoli, carrots and either mushroom or cheese sauce.Sometimes for a really quick dinner we might have schnitzel with one of those pasta and sauce packets and either some mixed vege or some steamed broccoli.

rainrain1, Aug 23, 4:39am
Baked potato with skin on, and poached or scrambled eggs:-)I don't know what you have in your cupboard

nfh1, Aug 23, 4:40am
I often see these in the supermarket - do you fry them, are they too thin to grill!

datoofairy, Aug 23, 5:34am
Dilemma over, have just returned from the supermarket with salad.lol
Nfh1, I make my own schnitzel by cutting through thechicken breast horizontally to make two pieces.Then I bash them to make them an even thickness if need bebut I prefer to leave them a little thick, thicker than the supermarket ones. Then I egg, flour and crumb, with a little parmesan and herbs in the crumbs. Yum.
I fry mine in butter simply because thats how we like it, but I dont see why you couldnt grill it.Just dont have the grill too hot I guess.

rainrain1, Aug 23, 5:41am
You are lucky to be able to shoot down to the supermarket, gotta use your noodle here when it comes to making do

supercook, Aug 23, 6:44am
I bake my chicken schnitzels in oven to be abit healthy. We had chicken schnitzels, potatoes and green salad for tea. It was yummy.