OK I need to get a food processor recommendations!

karlymouse, Aug 13, 10:29pm
Having watched the Jamie Oliver shows recently and wanting to try so many of them, I don't have a food processor and its just not possible to chop things finely enough for these recipes.

So my brief is -I need a food processor to make sauces primarily I guess - for example the Piri Piri chicken dish - blitzing up chillies, vegetables etc, fine cutting -

Nothing else required that I know of .

So what would be your recommendation to buy. for something that will have reasonably limited use.

lyl_guy, Aug 13, 10:37pm
I have a kenwood, one of these.
http://www.priceme.co.nz/Kenwood-FP920/p-791314457.aspx
I love it. not a huge price for what it does.Comes with glass blender jug too, and a glass 'mill' for chopping nuts/ grinding coffee etc.I gave my magic bullet away, as it does everything.

lyl_guy, Aug 13, 10:46pm
lol, just saw the bad review on that link I gave.Mine doesn't shudder, and it works VERY well. you should see it blitz big strips of lemon zest into sugar. amazing!That customer must have been unlucky with the one she purchased.

pickles7, Aug 13, 10:49pm
There are so many for sale now, you can buy tiny or large.
A good knife is better for smaller jobs anyway.
Stand behind, Jamie Oliver.
The way he treats his equipment you could make a good one out of the parts.
I found one of his shake things in a store the other day, it was munted. Worse still, it had shards of hard plastic inside.

davidt4, Aug 13, 10:51pm
If it is just for sauces, a stick blender with a mini-processor attachment would probably do the trick.I have a Breville stick blender and the mini-processor bowl holds a surprising quantity.It will mince two medium-sized onions for example.

pickles7, Aug 13, 10:56pm
lol, I had a look at that.
I love anything "Kenwood" puts out. I have a chef most parts for it. A blender, all good. Any blender will shudder if not loaded correctly. I have never had mine shudder.

lindylambchops1, Aug 13, 10:59pm
I love anything Kenwood too.have the old mixer, Kenwood Chef, it must be 20+ years old, also have a Kenwood Food Processor, Kenwood Multi Pro.Love em!

fifie, Aug 13, 11:01pm
My experience with processors is to get a decent size one, as sometimes the bowls of smaller ones arn't big enough to make up larger batches of things if you want to. For smaller quantities as davidt says amazing how much work they do.

pickles7, Aug 13, 11:24pm
.snap.lindylambchops1.-
.lol

iriegirl, Aug 14, 3:49am

bedazzledjewels, Aug 14, 4:12am
Kenwood here too. Lots of grunt.

karlymouse, Aug 14, 8:19am
Hey thanks, that looks perfect. I don't want half the cupboard space taken up with a food processor that gets used once a week :)

knowsley, Aug 14, 8:44am
I have one of those too, just for making up pastes etc for curries. Works well - better with it's small bowl than my Magimix, especially for the sort of things you want it for.

solo2, Aug 14, 8:57am
I have the Kenwood Multipro too and it's wonderful ! I would definitely recommend it

klc1, Aug 14, 9:15am
Magimix compact.Does everything the bigger ones do and takes up less space.

skye7, Aug 14, 9:25am
I have one of these also and find it fantastic. The grater and slicing attachments are also handy.

thistle4, Aug 15, 11:08pm
Got the same one here too. Love it and use it a lot.