Icing with flour anyone made it before!

morgie9, Aug 13, 7:10am

dbab, Aug 13, 8:56am
Wow, sure looks interesting.

dollmakernz, Aug 13, 9:02am
Looking at the consistancy piled up at the start, I'd say it probably could be piped but you'd have to do it quickly so that it doesn't get warm in your hand.
It certainly looks interesting and I got a chuckle out of her instructions!
Might have to try that one!

pickles7, Aug 13, 9:24am
very much similar to this one.remember both have milk in them, they will not keep outside of a fridge too long.

mock cream.
Probably cream two Napoleon cakes. I would divide it into four lots and make sure before starting.Thicken 500 mils of milk, 250 grams of sugar with 50 grams of cornflour.cool, stir as it is cooling to avoid a skin. Cream 1 pkt of butter, 1 teaspoon of vanilla, add cool custard a little at a time. May even add more custard, taste and see.

splitty, Aug 29, 8:07am
Ok I tried it and it was a bit floury tasting the same day but the next day it was delicious. I gave some to my partner to try 5 days later (from the fridge)and he said it was sensational. I did pipe it and it looked a little bit like it was seperated even though it wasn't. I have since read that if it looks like that you need to beat it more. In the USA this is the most used frosting recipe for red velvet cake. It would make a really nice filling too cause the consistency is kind of firm

craig04, Aug 30, 1:59am
I made two lots of red velvet cupcakes recently and used cream cheese frosting on one lot and then this cooked frosting on the other lot. I have to say that I had my doubts, but this floury frosting was very nice! On the whole though, I preferred the cream cheese frosting for red velvet cake.

jazzryn, Aug 30, 4:41am
How many grams is equal to a cup of butter

splitty, Aug 31, 8:10am
227 grams, approx