Microwave foods

Page 2 / 2
kinna54, Aug 11, 2:49am
What else do you require! Have a raft of recipes, but will only post what I have used, tried and true, unless there is anything specific you require. I always use my microwave to cook my greens, brocoli is awesome, also asparagus, silverbeet and spinach, cabbage,cauliflower as it's not got the goodness boiled out of it. It's important to keep even sizes (re thecut pieces of what you are cooking.) Also great for stewed apples, fruit etc.

kinna54, Aug 11, 3:06am
A nice creamy pumpkin cube recipe which is yummy.
You can substitute a sprinkling of chives instead of spring onions over the cooked product before serving.

Creamy Pumpkin Cubes:
For about 4 servings:
400gms cubed pumpkin
2 tsp flour
1 clove garlic, chopped
1/2 tsp curry powder (optional)
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup cream, or coconut cream
1 spring onion chopped.
Cut pumpkin in 1cm cubes. Toss to coat in flour.
Add remaining ingredients except spring onions.
Cover and microwave at full power, for 5-8 mins, gently stirring around evry 2-3 mins,throughout the cooking process. Garnish with the spring onions or chives when serving.

pickles7, Aug 11, 4:34am
I must say I didn't use the old mic at all, then, I was given a "Sensor cook" microwave, five years ago, and from then on have hardly used the top of my stove. On saying that, they are so easy to use you don't need any special recipe's.

buzzy110, Aug 11, 5:28am
I'm just not in to microwaves but I did own one, many years ago, for 5 mins, and I had great success with this recipe:

CHICKEN and POTATO SLICE

1 Cooked Chicken - Strip the meat off the bones and cut into bite sizes
(Your recipe book that came with the microwave will tell you how to cook a whole chicken)
50grms Potatoes - Thickly sliced and cooked on high with 15g butter
6 Spring Onions - Put chicken and spring onions on top of the potatoes
SAUCE
30g Butter
1clove crushed Garlic
2 Tblspns Flour
1/3 Cup Water
1 cube Chicken Stock (or equivalent of powdered stock)
1/3 cup Dry White Wine
½ cup Cream

Method:
Melt Butter with Garlic
Add the Flour and stir in
Add in the Water, Chicken Stock, Wine and Cream
Cook till thick and then add:-
2tspns Mustard
1Tblspn Mayonnaise
½cup Grated Tasty Cheese
Paprika to taste
Stir it all together and pour over the chicken and potatoes
Cook on high for 5 mins or till hot.
Sprinkle with 2Tblspns chopped parsley
Serves 6.

kinna54, Aug 12, 2:49am
What else do you require! Have a raft of recipes, but will only post what I have used, tried and true, unless there is anything specific you require. I always use my microwave to cook my greens, brocoli is awesome, also asparagus, silverbeet and spinach, cabbage,cauliflower as it's not got the goodness boiled out of it. It's important to keep even sizes (re thecut pieces of what you are cooking.) Also great for stewed apples, fruit etc.

bev00, Sep 8, 12:06pm
Quoteelliehen (3495 ) 10:02 pm, Thu 1 Sep #13
Microwave Fudge
500gr icing sugar
1/4c milk
1/3c cocoa
1tsp vanilla essence
100gr butter
Cook on high 3 mns. Remove & stir well. Cook further 3 mins. Beat until thick. Pour into a greased container & set in fridge.

mwood, Sep 8, 8:32pm
OK this looks good . . . . Field Report later . .

southerngurl, Sep 9, 1:30am
we used to successfully make Lemon Meringue Pie and Choc self saucing Pudding in the microwave when we were flatting. Cheap, easy and quick. Can't remember the recipes now sorry but they were in the Edmonds Microwave cookbook

kokopuff, Sep 10, 5:44am
microwave macaroni cheese.
2 cups of macaroni
3 cups hot water
1 teaspoons salt
100 grams of butter
1 and 1/2 cups of milk
300 grams of grated tasty cheese
1/4 cup of plain flour
1 and 1/2 teaspoons of dry mustard powder.
Microwave the water, butter, salt and macaroni for 12 minutes
without a lid, stir twice in the 12 minutes.
stand 5 minutes.
Add the milk,
mix together the rest of the ingredients, and stir in.
microwave a further 3 minutes, stir microwave further 3 minutes.

kokopuff, Sep 10, 5:45am
Microwave Brownies
Makes: 16 brownies
• 150g butter
• 65g unsweetened cocoa powder
• 200g sugar
• 2 eggs
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 100g flour
Prep: 5 mins | Cook: 5 mins | Extra time: 10 mins, cooling
Melt the butter in high for about 30 to 40 seconds. Add the sugar, cocoa and vanilla in that order and mix well.
Add the eggs, slightly whipping after each one. Add the flour and mix well.
Spray a microwave safe glass pan with cooking spray. Pour the batter into the pan. Cook on high for 4 to 5 minutes(the more powerful your microwave the less time it takes). Let rest for 10 minutes before cutting.
Tip
When you take the brownies from the oven the centre will look undone, but it keeps cooking when resting. And if you leave them overnight in the fridge, the next day they will be even more consistent.

nauru, Sep 11, 7:08am
I found an almost new copy of Readers Digest Microwave cooking in an Op shop for $4. It has some wonderful recipes, all very easy and quick too.