CHOCOLATE SELF-SAUCING PUDDING[microwaved]
1 cup (155g) self-raising flour
½ tsp salt
2 tbsp cocoa
¾ cup (175g) sugar
2 tbsp butter, melted
½ cup milk
1 tsp vanilla essence

Mix the four dry ingredients, then add the remaining ingredients and stir to form a batter.Spoon the mixture into a large microwaveproof ring mould or casserole dish.Top with the
Sauce:
½ cup (120g) brown sugar
1 tbsp cocoa
2 tbsp coconut
1½ cups boiling water

Combine the brown sugar, cocoa and coconut, then sprinkle the mixture over the pudding batter.Over the back of a spoon and on to the pudding carefully pour the boiling water.
Cook, elevated one.g. an upturned sauce, onHIGH/100% power for 6-7 minutes, uncovered.:-))

245sam, Aug 8, 1:08am
bekybiscuit, although it's soup time of the year, the following recipe is one that you'll need to keep in mind for another few months until it's time to make use of the summer abundance of fresh tomatoes.

Alison Holst's FRESH TOMATO SOUP
1-1•5 Kg ripe red tomatoes
1 slice white or brown bread or a bread crust
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp sugar
½ tsp each of dried basil and dried oregano
1-2 garlic cloves, chopped
1 onion, chopped
about 2 tsp wine vinegar
Optional: parsley, bay leaf, thyme.

Put the tomatoes into a large microwave casserole, halving large ones.Break the bread into small pieces and add it to the .tomatoes.Sprinkle with the salt, sugar, basil, and oregano, replacing the dried herbs with fresh ones if you have them.Add the chopped garlic and onions, and small quantities of other herbs you have.Cover the microwave dish, and cook until tender and mushy.
Cook at HIGH power for about 10 minutes, then lower the power to 50% if you think the mixture may boil over, and cook for 10 minutes longer - if there is no danger of overflow, leave it on high power.
Break up the mixture with a potato masher, leave to stand for about 5 minutes, then shake and press through a coarse sieve (I use the food processor and don’t sieve it – depends how smooth you like it or if it’s to be served as juice).Add the vinegar, tasting after 1 spoonful is mixed in.Cover and chill in the refrigerator, adjust seasonings if necessary.
If serving as JUICE pour into glasses over ice.Add a dash of hot pepper sauce or Worcestershire sauce to each glass, and put a stirring stick of celery in each glass if you like.
If serving as a COLD SOUP, pour into individual bowls just before serving.Serve like this, or pass bowls containing crisp croutons, diced celery, diced peppers, cubed tomatoes, cubed avocado, chopped cucumbers, etc.
If serving as HOT SOUP, stir in parsley or chives if desired, or stir in as much cream, crème fraiche, or sour cream as you like, making cream of tomato soup.Serve with croutons, if desired.
Note: If cooking this soup on the stove-top add the bread once the tomatoes are cooked until tender.:-))

sarahb5, Aug 8, 4:04am
I make bread in mine - I bought a new microwave and it incorporates a grill, convection oven and bread maker - fantastic!

margyr, Aug 8, 4:14am
this was posted by another member, not sure who, I have made it and it is yum, I used sultanas, and next time will use dates, the Christmas fruit will be saved for Christmas. Steamed Pudding
125g butter, 1tsp mixed spice, 3/4 cup brown sugar, 1tsp baking soda, 1 cup milk, 1 1/4 cups wholemeal flour, 1 1/12 cups mixed fruit.
Place butter, sugar, milk & fruit in a 17cm bowl & microwave on high 5 minutes. Add spice & soda, stirring well. Mix in flour, cover with plastic wrap & microwave on high 5 - 6 minutes. Invert onto serving plate.

dollmakernz, Aug 8, 4:21am
Basic Steamed Pudding and Variations (microwave)

1 cup flour¼ cup sugar1tsp baking powder
1 egg½ cup milk50g butter

Sift flour and baking powder into a med sized bowl, In another bowl cream butter & sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg and beat well. Add the milk and dry ingredients alternately to the creamed mixture. Stir to mix. Pour the mixture into a casserole dish, cover and microwave on high for 12-15mins. Serve with custard.
Serves 4

Honey Steamed Pudding: Place half a cup of honey in the bowl then add the pudding mixture.
Treacle and Nut Pudding: Place 3 Tbsp treacle in base of bowl covered with walnuts. Pour pudding mixture over.

dollmakernz, Aug 8, 4:22am
Tomato Soup Cake (microwave)

100g butter, softened, 1 cup brown sugar, 2 eggs, beaten, 1 tsp cinnamon,
1 tsp ground nutmeg, ¼ tsp salt, ¼ teaspoon ground cloves, 1½ cups flour
1 Tbsp cocoa, 1 tsp baking powder,225g can tomato soup, 1 tsp baking soda
1 cup boiled sultanas

Cream butter and sugar and add beaten eggs. Add sifted dry ingredients. Mix baking
soda and tomato soup in a small bowl and whisk until frothy. Add to the main mixture
and lastly stir in the still-hot, drained sultanas. Pour into a ring container,
and cook on high (100%) for 7-9 minutes, or until cooked when tested with a skewer.
This cake will become more moist with keeping. I ice it with a rich chocolate icing.

dollmakernz, Aug 8, 4:23am
Russian Fudge

Condensed milk gives this fudge extra richness.
3 cups sugar, ½cup milk, ½ x200g can condensed milk, 2 Tbsp golden syrup
125g butter, cubed. 1 tsp vanilla, ½-1 cup chopped walnuts(optional)
Combine first five ingredients in a high-heat resistant microwave (12 cup capacity) bowl or large saucepan. Microwave on high, stirring every 2 minutes or cook over moderate
heat, stirring continuously, until either mixture forms a soft ball, for about 15 minutes.
Remove from microwave oven or stovetop. Add vanilla and~wa1nuts and beat for 4-5 minutes until mixture starts to thicken. Pour quickly into 20cm pan lined with a strip ofbaking paper. Leave until firm. Tip from pan then cut into squares.

Microwave Chocolate Fudge

100g butter, cubed.¼cup milk, 2tsp vanilla essence, 4 cups sifted icing sugar,
½cup cocoa, ½-1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
Measure butter, milk, and vanilla into a microwave proof bowl. Add sifted icing sugar and cocoa. Microwave on high for 2 minutes then remove and beat until smooth. Stir in nuts if used. Pour into a loaf tin lined with greaseproof paper. Refrigerate several hours or freeze. Leave overnight for easiest cutting. Variation: Replace 1tsp vanilla with 1tsp rum essence.

twindizzy, Aug 8, 6:49am
Those Ingham/Santa Rossa boneless chicken roasts come out great

edit: (And I never 'cook' anything in the Microwave but was impressed).

dollmakernz, Aug 8, 9:51am
kinna54, I made your creamy pumpkin tonight and it was a hit! DELICIOUS!

mwood, Aug 8, 10:56am
Give that to me immediately ! Heee heee OK but how about a field report on the Bread Maker - brand !

pickles7, Aug 8, 11:15am
Same here, I hardly use the top of my stove. I have two sensor cook microwaves.

veejay13, Aug 8, 10:40pm
Couldn't be without my microwave.About the only thing I don't like cooked in it is meat - it always turns out too tough and chewy for me.

sarahb5, Aug 8, 11:14pm
It's a Sheffield brand - got it from Noel Leeming and loving it so far.I don't use my microwave for much actual cooking other than porridge in the morning and defrosting stuff but this one does so much more.The bread is so good I should stop making it!

http://www.noelleeming.co.nz/shop/kitchen-laundry-appliances/microwaves-microwave-ovens/sheffield-pla0520-30-litre-convection-grill-microwave-with-breadmaker/prod114759.html

245sam, Aug 8, 11:54pm
bekybiscuit, sauces are so easily made in the microwave.here's a few that you might like to try:

MUSTARD SAUCE - for corned beef/silverside and pickled pork
¼ cup brown sugar
1 tbsp cornflour
1½-3 tsp dry mustard powder
1 egg
1 cup corned beef/pickled pork cooking liquid
¼ cup malt vinegar

Whisk together, then add the 1 cup of cooking liquid.Microwave onHIGHin 1 minute bursts, whisking in between, for 4-5 minutes.Add salt and pepper to taste.

.and if you, like most of us, has a sweet tooth or just enjoys an occasional sweet treat, then you might like to try:

BUTTERSCOTCH SAUCE
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 tbsp flour
¼ cup milk
2 tbsp golden syrup
¼ cup butterormargarine
dash of ground nutmeg

Combine the brown sugar and flour in a 2 litre jug.Stir in the milk and golden syrup, then the butter.
Microwave on HIGH (100% power) for 2-4 minutes, until the mixture boils; stir well.
Microwave for a further3½ minutes on HIGH (100% power).
Stir in the nutmeg.Serve warm.

HOT FUDGE SAUCE
½ cup eachofsugarandpacked brown sugar
3 tbsp cocoa
2 tbsp flour
⅛ tsp salt
⅔ cup milk
2 tbsp golden syrup
1 tbsp butterormargarine
½ tsp vanilla

Combine the sugar, cocoa, fIour and salt in a 2 litre jug.Stir in the milk and golden syrup, then add the butter.
Microwave on HIGH (100% power) for 2-4 minutes, or until the mixture boils; stir well.
Microwave for a further 2-5 minutes, until the desired thickness is reached - stir every 1-1½ minutes.
Stir in the vanilla.Serve hot or at room temperature on icecream and steamed puddings.
Makes 1½ cups.:-))

bekybiscuit, Aug 9, 8:43am
What are some good recipes to make in the microwave!

Please provide and ingredient list and instructions so I can try making them :)

TIA.

beaker59, Aug 10, 3:16am
nearly a day has gone past and no helpful recipes I just knew Microwaves would be a passing phase, remember they used to have cook books just for microwaves and shops that sold nothing but Microwave knicknacks who also ran microwave cooking classes and you had to save up for years to buy one now they are 100 bucks at the warehouse and people only use them for thawing frozen meat. or reheating left overs.

lindylambchops1, Aug 10, 3:20am
LOL I use mine all the time!for cooking veg, making sauces, desserts etc.

lindylambchops1, Aug 10, 3:22am
Suggest you use the SEARCH function on this page to your left.

<<<<<<

Keyword being Microwave or maybe Mince in the Microwave or Desserts cooked in the microwave whatever,

Date Posted Change that to LAST YEAR

TM has heaps of excellent recipes which you can copy & paste & print!

Good luck & enjoy!

beaker59, Aug 10, 3:46am
Go on then post a recipe or two for Becky she seems very patient.

pickles7, Aug 10, 4:34am
I must say I didn't use the old mic at all, then, I was given a "Sensor cook" microwave, five years ago, and from then on have hardly used the top of my stove. On saying that, they are so easy to use you don't need any special recipe's.

buzzy110, Aug 10, 5:28am
I'm just not in to microwaves but I did own one, many years ago, for 5 mins, and I had great success with this recipe:

CHICKEN and POTATO SLICE

1 Cooked Chicken - Strip the meat off the bones and cut into bite sizes
(Your recipe book that came with the microwave will tell you how to cook a whole chicken)
50grms Potatoes - Thickly sliced and cooked on high with 15g butter
6 Spring Onions - Put chicken and spring onions on top of the potatoes
SAUCE
30g Butter
1clove crushed Garlic
2 Tblspns Flour
1/3 Cup Water
1 cube Chicken Stock (or equivalent of powdered stock)
1/3 cup Dry White Wine
½ cup Cream

Method:
Melt Butter with Garlic
Add the Flour and stir in
Add in the Water, Chicken Stock, Wine and Cream
Cook till thick and then add:-
2tspns Mustard
1Tblspn Mayonnaise
½cup Grated Tasty Cheese
Paprika to taste
Stir it all together and pour over the chicken and potatoes
Cook on high for 5 mins or till hot.
Sprinkle with 2Tblspns chopped parsley
Serves 6.

kinna54, Aug 10, 5:41am
sorry bad hands so excuse typing. Had to give it a rest yesterday, otherwise would have replied then.
Confetti Meat loaf:
This mixtutre microwaves really well and can be eaten hot or cold, so leftovers are great sliced in lunch boxes.
for 8-10 servings:
500gms mince
450gms sausage meat
1 onion, chopped
1 red pepper chopped
1green pepper chopped
1tsp curry powder
1 tsp instant herb stock
1 tsp instant beef stock
1 egg
1 cup fresh bread crumbs (i.e about 2 slices fresh bread made into crumbs)
about 1/2cup savoury crumbs, or *fine dried breadcrumbs.*(to coat)
Mix all except last *ingredient* together. With wet hands form mixture into a large sausage shaped roll.Roll in savoury or dried breadcrumbs and place on a flat dish.
Stand this on an inverted plate so that the meat loaf is raised from the bottom of the microwave oven.
Cook at medium power *70%* for 20 mins. Let stand for 5-8mins, if serving hot, or leave to cool.
Variation: Replace peppers with 1 1/2 cups thawed mixed veges and up to 1 cup of chopped celery if desired.

kinna54, Aug 10, 5:54am
Baby Meatballs
(For 48 Baby Meatballs):
1 medium onion
2 cloves garlic
2-3 spring onions
1/4 cup chopped parsley
450-500g minced beef/pork.
1/4 cup fine breadcrumbs
1 egg white
1 TBSP cornflour
1 TBSP soya sauce
1 TBSP sesame or light oil
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp sugar

Chop onion, garlic and spring onion finely.
Place into thefood processor bowl and addother ingredients gradually, pulsing the mixture to mix evenly.
Using wet hands roll the mixture into balls.

Stand meatballs in a circle on a large flat plate, and microwave at full power 1 1/2 - 2mins, moving clockwise turn and repeat.
*Note check cooking time and monitor, as meatballs will continue to cook after being removed from microwave, they should still be slighly pink in the middle when tested and removed.*

Serve withIndonesian dipping sauce on the side, or the sauce can be thinned and poured over the meatballs, on a bed of rice.

Indonesian Dipping Sauce

2 cloves garlic chopped
2 tsp grated root ginger
2 TBSP dark soya sauce
2 TBSP Lemon juice
1 TBSP oil
3-4 drops hot pepper sauce
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 TBSP peanut butter
1/4 cup water

Combine ingredients in a microwavepyrex jug, microwave in 1 min bursts, pausing the microwave and stirring until sauce is smooth and thickened.
Sauce can be diluted with extra water and lemon juice if it is too thick.
The sauce does thicken on standing, and makes a good dipping sauce.

bekybiscuit, Aug 10, 7:23am
Thanks guys. Will give them a go :)

kay141, Aug 10, 7:37am
The charity shops here usually have a large collection of microwave cookbooks for sale. I have an Alison Holst and an Edmonds, seems to cover everything I need. My microwave is a Whirlpool Crisp and Grill so I tend to use the book that came with it when I need one.