Unbaked mini cheese cakes

kiwigirl252, Feb 5, 8:53am
I also want to know if I used those food rings it would be ok I see the chefs in the uk on ready steady cook,I think they used them on the Australian version as well.
Thanks in advance

bridget107, Feb 5, 9:13am
I have used little ramekins before and another time I used cupcake cases! Both work super well.

kismet41, Feb 6, 4:00am
I stumbled on the best mini cheesecakes over Christmas.Line muffin tins with paper cupcake cases.Put a gingernut in the bottom.

Beat a tub of cream cheese until soft.Add half jar each of passionfruit curd and lemon curd.Whip till mixed.Spoon into cases.Refrigerate to set.Easy peasy.

tommydog, Feb 6, 6:44am
This is a Bill Granger recipe its not Lemon but very nice all the same;

Individual Cheese Cakes
Base
100g wholemeal or shortbread Biscuits.
55g ground almonds
50g unsalted butter

Filling
400g Cream Cheese
105ml sour cream
110g caster sugar
1 med egg
1 med egg yolk
1/2 t vanilla extract
1T grated lime Zest
50g Raspberries (fresh or frozen)

to finish
extra fresh Raspberries
icing sugar to dust.

Preheat the oven to 160c
line 12 hole muffin tin with 125 ml capacity muffin paper cases
Crush the buscuits to a fine crumb in food processor
Put the biscuits crumbs,ground almonds and melted butter into a bowl and stir to combine.
Press 1T of the mixture into the base of each muffin case
Refrigerate while you make the filling.

To make the filling beat the cream cheese soured cream and caster sugar together until light and fluffy.
Add the egg first then the egg yolk , vanilla and lime zest beating well after each addition.
Spoon the mixture over the bases then sprinkle the raspberries evenly on top.
Bake for 20 mins or until the cheesecakes are puffed and starting to colour.Allow to cool then refrigerate until ready to eat.
Remove the cheese cakes from the paper cases.Top each one with a fresh Raspberry or two and dust with icing sugar to serve.

leonie11, Feb 6, 5:16pm
a friend made some nice ones, a packet of gingernuts, and then she piped the cheesecake filling mix on top, and garnished with a piece of strawberry. saves on crushing biscuits and extra butter etc, The gingernuts soften over time

pamellie, Feb 6, 7:09pm
I make them in my silicon muffin tins. I just use the normal cheesecake recipe and it makes 12 mini cheesecakes. You just push them out from the bottom no problem, they look great too.

macwood2, Feb 7, 4:19am
kismet 41
do you crush the gingernuts!If so, do you add butter or anything!

chooky, Feb 7, 6:33am
No you leave the gingernut whole, I softed it a bit in microwave so you could it into the corners of the tin.

seniorbones, Feb 7, 6:50am
I saw a programme where they put the cheesecake mix in a glass and then the crumble on the top and served in the glass, so in theory 'an upside down cheescake' lol

susieq9, Feb 7, 11:09pm
Putwhole gingernut biscuits into patty tins. Put them into the oven until soft, then push them down to mold them. Leave until cold, and then add your filling.

thitryfiver, Aug 3, 5:14am
I would like to make the unbaked lemon cheese cake in individualportions, but unsure whether it would be successful, using cake papers to line muffin pan? any suggestions welcome.

justme27, Aug 3, 8:35am
Bump - am interested too :)

bekybiscuit, Aug 3, 8:41am
I don't think it would be a problem??

I used to buy that taurua(sp) cream cheese filling but haven't seen it in the supermarket for years. Made my base, whipped the cream with flavouring of choice and chilled.

hestia, Aug 3, 10:13am
It should be okay. I have made mini cheesecakes in ramekins, using aluminium foil to line the ramekins.

thitryfiver, Aug 4, 5:14am
I would like to make the unbaked lemon cheese cake in individualportions, but unsure whether it would be successful, using cake papers to line muffin pan! any suggestions welcome.

bekybiscuit, Aug 4, 8:41am
I don't think it would be a problem!

I used to buy that taurua(sp) cream cheese filling but haven't seen it in the supermarket for years. Made my base, whipped the cream with flavouring of choice and chilled.

theanimal1, Sep 6, 10:27am
Put gingernut into muffin tine and pop in a hot oven for a few minutes.when soft press into muffin tin.carefully as they are hot.then let cool.take a tin of crushed pineapple and thicken with some custard powder and water.heat together.then spoon the cooled mixture into the molded gingernuts.top with whipped cream and enjoy !

pamellie, Sep 6, 7:23pm
I have done this using a silicon muffin tray. Using my normal unbaked cheesecake recipe ( a boysenberry one) I make up the mix as usual, share the biscuits around the 12 spaces, chill and then add the topping. I find it makes 12 quite comfortably. Thenwhen set just push up from the bottom and they will pop out, you may need to run a knife around the topping but they do come out easily. They look really nice and are a good serving size.