Venison mince

truttifruitti, Jul 27, 2:42am
Anyone out there got some good recipes or tips on how to cook it thnaks. Brought some from countdown yesterday on specail as my daughter wanted to try it im not sure if i am game enough yet lol

beaker59, Jul 27, 3:05am
Think of it as slightly stronger flavoured and leaner beef mince makes great patties, have venison burgers for tea you could start with your usual beef burger recipe. Or start with the simplest form of all salt pepper squash flat and fry rare. Then build it up with added flavours like plum jam garlic sage rosemary thyme etc etc if it isn't binding well then add flour egg etc.

We get through a fair bit here at times (well when I get lucky I'm not a flash hunter more of an armed tramper) I also add minced fatty pork to mine as it does have a tendency to dryness(lack of fat).

carolyn20, Jul 27, 4:22am
For Venison burger patties I mix (for 1K venison mince) 1sp cinnamon, 1tsp oregano, chopped parsley salt, pepper.

vtired, Jul 27, 10:58pm
Venison mince, finely diced sm red onion, sm crushed garlic, 3-4tblsps plum sauce if using 500gms mince, breadcrumbs, splash olive oil and an egg or two to bind S & P. Cook slow as plum sauce will burn if cooked too fast, Very very nice

beaker59, Jul 28, 2:16am
Yeah vtired Plum sauce is awesome EH! I use plum Jam too(homemade though so it actually has plums in it).

beaker59, Jul 28, 3:05am
Think of it as slightly stronger flavoured and leaner beef mince makes great patties, have venison burgers for tea you could start with your usual beef burger recipe. Or start with the simplest form of all salt pepper squash flat and fry rare. Then build it up with added flavours like plum jam garlic sage rosemary thyme etc etc if it isn't binding well then add flour egg etc.

We get through a fair bit here at times (well when I get lucky I'm not a flash hunter more of an armed tramper) I also add minced fatty pork to mine as it does have a tendency to dryness(lack of fat).