New recipe for Corned Silverside PLEASE!

lemonade, Jul 21, 10:29am
New recipe needed for corned silverside. Different recipe to the normal crockpot method. Must taste and look different! Its a nice cheap meal for an average to large family. Most of mine won't eat it any more.

mamaa, Jul 21, 11:37am
Have you tried cooking it in Gingerbeer...A nice flavourand put all the veg in with it.Including Onions... Carrots spuds.
We just love corn beef.....

mamaa, Jul 21, 11:38am
Orgingerale I should of said... Ginger beer would be nice too I imagine.

cookessentials, Jul 21, 9:43pm
what "normal" crockpot method do you use #1?

lemonade, Jul 21, 10:19pm
Crockpot with onions mustard, honey, brown sugar and mixed herbs (and stock and water). Hubby and I love it. Kids no longer do, and won't eat it. So it has to look different as well as taste yummy.

twindizzy, Jul 21, 11:20pm
Orange zest and juice added

cookessentials, Jul 21, 11:27pm
Corned beef, rinse well. Place in crock pot and add boiled water from jug till just covered. Add malt vinegar( I dont measure, I just slosh it in , but probably a couple of tabespoons, maybe a little more) soft brown sugar( 1tbsp) bay leaves 2-3 and whole cloves ( about 6) On high for about 7 hours, then low till serving time. Served with creamy mash, sauteed cabbage and carrotsand either a mustard sauce or a nice onion sauce on the side

janienz1, Jul 21, 11:45pm
Maybe a different method of serving it rather than cooking it works. What about using it in another recipe afterwards, on cheese toasties, in a curry, cold with salad, in a veg casserole with cheese sauce or a tomato casserole, with smashed potatoes, stir fried with fresh veg ...

Edit spelling

jag5, Jul 22, 12:40am
cold corned beef minced up with onion and mixed together with tomato sauce makes a lovely sandwich spread.

munrotti, Jul 22, 6:37am
Someone told me about cooking it in half cococola and half water.Tried it last week and was nice. Seemed less salty

womble37, Jul 23, 6:30am
Wash blood off cornbeef.
Put in Crock Pot.
Cover with water. 1 tsp of white Vinigar.1 Tablespoon of Golden syrup.
The Golden syrup Tenderisers the meat.
It melts in your mouth.

rover79, Jul 23, 6:40am
why not cook then slice and fryto colour it?

dee5, Jul 23, 6:44am
1 Tblsp vingar and 1 Tblsp worcestershire sauce..only way I do it now.

cookessentials, Jul 23, 10:15am
You can roast it... I have a recipe if you would like it