Gravy to go with Silverside???

Page 1 / 2
marley, Mar 27, 3:28am
I remember having some sort of gravy or saucebut it was a whiteish one that was a bit tangy?? Anyone know the recipe???

charli, Mar 27, 3:42am
Mustard sauce - from the edmonds cookbook is great

charli, Mar 27, 3:44am
1 egg
1/4 c sugar
1 T flour
1 t mustard
1 c water, from corned beef
1/4 c vinegar

Beat egg and sugar, add flour, mustard, then stir in liquid gradually. Cook, stirring, until thick.

motorbo, Mar 27, 3:52am
some dont have mustard sauce some just make a white sauce

rainrain1, Mar 27, 4:19am
with chopped parsley included

kinna54, Mar 27, 4:28am
Another take on white sauce is onion sauce, which hubby loves with silverside.I actually hate white sauce! I just eat mine with a litle whole grain mustard on the side.

gardie, Mar 27, 4:31am
Gotta be Edmonds Mustard Sauce.

boots13, Mar 27, 4:35am
cheese sauce?

cookessentials, Mar 27, 4:38am
I do either the mustard sauce or a lovely onion sauce which is delicious with it.

southerngurl, Mar 27, 4:41am
some just have english mustard nom nom nom

motorbo, Mar 27, 5:25am
i prefer green tomatoe pickle yummmm

michelle313, Mar 27, 6:28am
I always serve ours with horseradish sauce.

lx4000, Mar 27, 7:01pm
leek sauce!mmMmm Slice leeks, boil in salted water. Strain (keeping water) make a white sauce using the cooking water in placing 1/2 to 3/4 of the milk. Soo Good!! You can add cheese if you wish also.

I have been veggie for 30 plus years and thats oneI remember and loved!! I do have that leek dish now but with veggies!!

petal1955, Mar 27, 10:08pm
Half a tub of sour cream mixed with 3 tbsp whole grain mustard is nice......especially if serving corned silverside cold with a salad.

beaker59, Mar 27, 10:59pm
Me too wholegrain mustard or colemans mustard mixed to a paste with malt vinegar so hot it makess you cry :)

bookshelves, Mar 27, 11:44pm
We had it last night ... I made a cheese and mustard sauce .. was delicious!

oh_hunnihunni, Mar 27, 11:47pm
Or parsley and onion into a roux sauce - very tasty...

lythande1, Mar 28, 12:12am
Mustard sauce. Which actually doesn't taste much like mustard. The tangy is from the vinegar but it's sweeter because of the sugar.

marley, Mar 28, 3:28am
I remember having some sort of gravy or saucebut it was a whiteish one that was a bit tangy! Anyone know the recipe!

boots13, Mar 28, 4:35am
cheese sauce!

catsmeat1, Mar 28, 7:29am
My 1987 Edmonds book has corned beef in piquant sauce.This sauce is yummy, onions and worcester sauce in it, rather than using it with corned beef I sometimes use it with any other bland item that needs jazzing up.

ducharn, Mar 28, 8:40am
I agree, but I always put golden syrup in the water when cooking corned beef and make the sauce with this, yummy yuimmy, but then my daughter told me the other day that they are saying do not use the water for sauce that you cook c/b in.......but then what about the c/b that has been cooked in it?Still doing it, still eating it.....enjoy

kinna54, Mar 28, 9:29am
If you suffer with indigestion like me try this.
Finely chop half onion and add cold water and bring to boil, drain refil with cold water and bring to boil, drain and set aside. Make white sause and add onion.
This wil stop it repeating on you and also it tastes lovely and still slightly crunchy.
Season with black pepper Yumm............

lx4000, Mar 28, 7:01pm
leek sauce!mmMmm Slice leeks, boil in salted water. Strain (keeping water) make a white sauce using the cooking water in placing 1/2 to 3/4 of the milk. Soo Good! You can add cheese if you wish also.

I have been veggie for 30 plus years and thats oneI remember and loved! I do have that leek dish now but with veggies!

petal1955, Mar 28, 10:08pm
Half a tub of sour cream mixed with 3 tbsp whole grain mustard is nice.especially if serving corned silverside cold with a salad.