Been given Smoked Marlin - any EASY recipes/ideas

kime25, Mar 19, 7:27pm
Hello there people, I have been given a whole heap of fresh smoked marlin, it is in boneless fillets, tastes amazing on its on in sandwiches. The only thing i know to do with it is put with flour and milk to make a sort of fish paste then put in on toast. Is there any other EASY recipes that i can do with all this fish? Its just i may get sick of it in sandwiches! It was smoked using manuka honey as well so it has a sort of honey smokey taste to it on its own. Thanks! ! ! !

dezzie, Mar 19, 8:04pm
oh YUM! ! !
Fish pie, fish cakes, but its great on sandwiches as you say, especially with some thick slices of nice tomato.

senj, Mar 20, 5:32am
on toast, lemon and pepper or just on its own, as in a piece in the hand otherwise freeze it

fisher, Mar 20, 6:18am
Smoked Marlin and Potato
Preheat the oven to 180C
Ingredients:
100ml olive oil. . 1 onion, diced. . 2 garlic cloves, crushed. . 10 small waxy potatoes, skins on. . 1 pinch salt and fresh ground black pepper. . 100g Butter. . 8 slices smoked marlin. . 1 bunch parsley, chopped. . 1 lemon, zest and juice. . 450ml fish stock. . 1 tsp fennel seeds, crushed. .
Method:
Heat 2 tbsp of the olive oil in a frying pan. . Cook the onion and garlic on a medium heat until softened. . Set aside. .
Slice the potatoes thinly. . Heat oil to cover bottom of a large frying pan. Fry the potato slices until coloured on both sides. .
Season with a little salt and freshly ground black pepper. . Remove from the pan and place on kitchen paper to blot away excess oil.
Generously butter an oven dish and layer the potatoes, slices of Marlin, onion, and parsley, seasoning each layer with pinch of salt and pepper. Squeeze a splash of lemon juice and add a sprinkling of zest as you build up the layers. Dot the top layer with a few knobs of butter... . Pour over enough stock to cover. Finally, sprinkle over the crushed fennel seeds and bake for about 60 mins.
The potatoes should be soft enough to crush between your fingers. . Serve with fresh bread and peas...

dezzie, Mar 20, 8:58am
you can of course freeze it as well, wrap it very well in a couple of layers of gladwrap then bag it. In day size lots of course.

kime25, Nov 18, 6:16am
Wow thanks guys... Fisher, I will give that recipe a go this week, thank you very much